Distant Broad band

Old September 10th 06, 11:46 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Distant Broad band

Would anyone recommend a particular wireless modem router for a broadband
connection a long way from the exchange Thank you

Old September 10th 06, 12:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Leveled wrote:
Would anyone recommend a particular wireless modem router for a
broadband
connection a long way from the exchange Thank you

Netgear does very well on my long line, so did 3com officeconnect.

Gaz

Old September 10th 06, 05:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

I live almost 9Km from the exchange. I am using a Netgear DG834
router - the wireless version should work the same. On MaxDSL (which
is all that I can get) it is only the Netgear that will synchronise.
Tests with other makes have failed and even the BT engineer could not
get connected with his test gear. I can't sing the praises of Netgear
too highly as it has let me get connected (even at a relatively lowly
speed) when all else failed. I am on the Zen Home 250 product.
Good luck!