new Vonage offer

Old September 10th 06, 11:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default new Vonage offer

If you phone 0800 804 8988 you can receive free calls to Australia, USA,
Canada, New Zealand, Germany and Ireland all for £7.99 per month.

Stephen

Old September 10th 06, 12:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

If you phone 0800 804 8988 you can receive free calls to Australia, USA,
Canada, New Zealand, Germany and Ireland all for £7.99 per month.

Oh yeah you get UK calls too

Stephen

Old September 10th 06, 12:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

¬Stephen Hammond pretended :
If you phone 0800 804 8988 you can receive free calls to Australia, USA,
Canada, New Zealand, Germany and Ireland all for £7.99 per month.

Stephen

That seems very expensive compared with www.internetcalls.com, to name
but one.

For 10 Euros every 120 days, free calls to:

Argentina
Australia
Austria
Belgium
Canada
China
Denmark
France
Germany
Gibraltar
Hong Kong
Ireland
Italy
Luxembourg
Malaysia
Netherlands
New Zealand
Norway
Poland
Puerto Rico
Russian Federation
Singapore
South Korea
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Taiwan
United Kingdom
United States (+mobile)

Old September 10th 06, 01:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

That seems very expensive compared with www.internetcalls.com, to name but
one.

For 10 Euros every 120 days, free calls to:

list of countries snipped

"Call charges likely to change without notice"

Sister companies voipcheap and voipbuster have lost free calls to many
destinations in the last few weeks.
Can only be a matter of time before internetcalls drop free UK calls

Old September 10th 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"¬Stephen Hammond" wrote in message
If you phone 0800 804 8988 you can receive free calls to Australia, USA,
Canada, New Zealand, Germany and Ireland all for £7.99 per month.

Stephen

Do they give you an ATA for that price?
I already have the hardware

With voipcheap.com for 8.09GBP I get 90 days of free calls (subject to 300
min/week) to all these destinations

Andorra free*
Argentina free*
Australia free*
Austria free*
Belgium free*
Canada free*
Chile free*
China free*
Czech Republic free*
Denmark free*
Finland free*
France free*
Germany free*
Hong Kong (+mobile) free*
Hungary free*
Iceland free*
Ireland free*
Italy free*
Japan free*
Liechtenstein free*
Luxembourg free*
Malaysia free*
Monaco free*
Netherlands free*
New Zealand free*
Norway free*
Poland free*
Portugal free*
Russian Federation free*
Singapore (+mobile) free*
South Korea free*
Spain free*
Sweden free*
Switzerland free*
United Kingdom free*
United States (+mobile) free*

No contest IMHO.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old September 10th 06, 03:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

DMac submitted this idea :

That seems very expensive compared with www.internetcalls.com, to name but
one.

For 10 Euros every 120 days, free calls to:

list of countries snipped

"Call charges likely to change without notice"

Sister companies voipcheap and voipbuster have lost free calls to many
destinations in the last few weeks.
Can only be a matter of time before internetcalls drop free UK calls

I haven't looked at voipbuster, however, the free calls list still
includes UK @ voipcheap.com

Even if the rates do change, @ £7.99, I'd have to go some to use up
that amount ringing destinations that cost 1ct per minute.

£7.99 seems excessive.

As I'm out most of the day, even voip.co.uk's £2 per month for
unlimited E&WE calls is better value than Vonage's offer

Old September 10th 06, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh ¬Stephen Hammond:
If you phone 0800 804 8988 you can receive free calls to Australia,
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Germany and Ireland all for £7.99 per month.

Stephen

Still looks the rip-off it is to me.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old September 10th 06, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

"¬Stephen Hammond" wrote in
message
If you phone 0800 804 8988 you can receive free calls to
Australia, USA, Canada, New Zealand, Germany and Ireland
all for £7.99 per month.

All my received calls are free..! As are most of those I dial for that
matter.

As for the statement "Free calls for £7.99 a month" that just doesn't make
sense. I suppose it must be some new definition of the word "free" of
which I was previously unaware.

Ivor

Old September 10th 06, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Thus spaketh ¬Stephen Hammond:
If you phone 0800 804 8988 you can receive free calls to Australia,
USA, Canada, New Zealand, Germany and Ireland all for £7.99 per month.

Stephen

How can that be free??

£7.99 per month is £7.99 more than free.

What you are getting is inclusive calls for £7.99, so you are paying
£7.99 for calls to those destinations, that's not free.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old September 10th 06, 06:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

wrote in message

On Sun, 10 Sep 2006 16:50:13 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

As for the statement "Free calls for £7.99 a month"
that just doesn't make sense. I suppose it must be some
new definition of the word "free" of which I was
previously unaware.

how many more times before you get it into your thick
head the 7.99 is just like the £ 11.00plus people are
paying to BT

No it's not. The BT charge is a line rental. The Vonage charge is payable
in addition to the line rental, as you still need BT or cable to get it.

plus calls and yes the calls ARE free to all
01 and o2 numbers and their equivalents in the whole of
Ireland . The only 01 and 02 numbers you can dial from
your beloved useless Sipgate account are to other Sipgate
users .

As I've told you, most of my calls are to other Sipgate users. The few
calls I make to chargeable numbers are so few as to make little
difference. As I said, 25p a month or so usually.

NOW ONCE AGAIN CALLS FROM A VOAGE ACCOUNT TO ALL
01 and 02 NUMBERS ARE TOALLY FREE.

Don't shout. They're not free if you have to pay a charge, any charge, to
get them.

By the way have you yet come to the conclusion that you
ARE a European if not what are you an Australian or an
American or something .

No.

Ivor