anyone else having plusnet problems?

Old September 11th 06, 07:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default anyone else having plusnet problems?

As per subject? My mail's not sending :-(

Old September 11th 06, 08:10 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Jewlssss" wrote in message
As per subject? My mail's not sending :-(

Same here, the web portal seems knackered too. Seriously considering moving
on now :-(

Old September 11th 06, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Customer Support

TW wrote:
"Jewlssss" wrote in message
As per subject? My mail's not sending :-(

Same here, the web portal seems knackered too. Seriously considering moving
on now :-(

Hi there,

The mail problems should now be resolved. Can you confirm that they are
working ok for you, or are you still having problems?

kind regards

Luke
+ --------- PlusNet - The Smarter Way to Broadband ---------+
Old September 11th 06, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Underwood

PlusNet Customer Support wrote in
:

--
Luke Horwath Broadband solutions for
Comms TSM Home & Business @
PlusNet PLC www.plus.net

+ --------- PlusNet - The Smarter Way to Broadband ---------+

You've missed the point, Luke. PlusNet *keeps* having these problems with
its email servers and it *keeps* fixing them - with several hours' loss of
service each time - but they keep coming back. What does it take for PlusNet
to fix its servers so they *stay* fixed? What is the view of senior managers
in PlusNet to the poor email service that it is offering? Is sufficient
being done (if necessary, bringing in outside expertise) to ensure that the
problems don't keep occurring with monotonous regularity?

The view of many people in newsgroups like this and in the PlusNet forum is
that PlusNet/Force9 *used* to offer a very good service until about a year
ago when things started to go badly wrong. I used to have no hesitation
about recommending PlusNet to friends and colleagues, but I'd be ashamed and
embarrassed to do so at the moment...

Old September 11th 06, 02:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Customer Support

TW wrote:
"Jewlssss" wrote in message
[...]

hi there

We are fully aware of the issues we have had recently and I did not
intend to lessen the impact of those, I was merely saying that the
latest issue is now resolved.

We did intend to upgrade all of our mail platform in July, but when we
did start the implementation, we had some problems, so had to stop.

Again we have scheduled to upgrade all the mail servers and we intend to
do this asap, however we need to ensure that we will not cause any more
problems by doing this. Currently our network engineers are working with
Sun, to ensure it is a clean upgrade.

I do not think there is anyone in our company who is not embarrassed by
the recent problems. We are all working incredibly hard to not only
improve the platform/servers, but also to fix the open problems we have
and to clear the backlog of tickets and calls in to the support centre.
Most of the business is working 12-14hr days, 6 or even 7 days a week
currently.

We are aware of our failings and are in the middle of an evolution to
get back to the level of performance (both the network and CSC) that our
customers expect.

We have posted updates on this subject and will continue to do so.

I do not believe it will all be fixed overnight, but I can already see
improvements across the board and proper plans to address all of our
problems moving forward.

I also appreciate that this does not help you now, but I do wish to
emphasise the huge task we are undertaking to restore the faith of our
customers.

Old September 11th 06, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Martin Underwood" [email protected] wrote in message

You've missed the point, Luke. PlusNet *keeps* having these problems with
its email servers and it *keeps* fixing them - with several hours' loss of
service each time - but they keep coming back. What does it take for
PlusNet to fix its servers so they *stay* fixed? What is the view of
senior managers in PlusNet to the poor email service that it is offering?
Is sufficient being done (if necessary, bringing in outside expertise) to
ensure that the problems don't keep occurring with monotonous regularity?

That was not the point. The point was "anyone else having plusnet
problems?"
:-)

Old September 11th 06, 05:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

"PlusNet Customer Support" wrote in message

We are aware of our failings and are in the middle of an evolution to get
back to the level of performance (both the network and CSC) that our
customers expect.

"middle of an evolution".

Do you 'think outside the box' also....

Old September 11th 06, 05:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PlusNet Customer Support

Tx2 wrote:
"PlusNet Customer Support" wrote in message

We are aware of our failings and are in the middle of an evolution to get
back to the level of performance (both the network and CSC) that our
customers expect.

"middle of an evolution".

Do you 'think outside the box' also....

yep

Old September 11th 06, 06:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob Eager

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006 16:23:02 UTC, "Tx2"
wrote:

"PlusNet Customer Support" wrote in message

We are aware of our failings and are in the middle of an evolution to get
back to the level of performance (both the network and CSC) that our
customers expect.

"middle of an evolution".

Do you 'think outside the box' also....

A common PLusNet one is "have no plans", which is a practically
content-free statement.

euthanasia recommended. ]
Old September 11th 06, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Stuharr

I haven't had any email through Plusnet since Friday evening - at this
point, I'm dying to see anything in my inbox, even spam.

The Plusnet website claims that mail is working normally, the voice
message on the service line claims the same, the service guy (when I
eventually got through) admitted that there was obviously a problem
with my account.....

With the second serious mail outage this year, I would seriously
consider moving my accounts if only it weren't such a hassle. And
right now, I'm definitely not recommending Plusnet to anyone.

NB I had renew my Google groups subscription using a more reliable
e-mail address than the Plusnet one.