voicestick -- too good to be true??

Old September 11th 06, 05:58 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default voicestick -- too good to be true??

I just came across this service and I must be missing something...

they'll give you a free LOCAL pstn number, that anyone using a regular
PSTN phone can you from, and it will ring on your voicestick SIP
equipment, all for free!

They do have some paid services such as call forwarding, which Im
guessing means if the voicestick SIP equipment you are trying to reach,
doesnt answer or isnt on, it will automatically route it to a PSTN
phone.

Anyone have any experience with them?

Old September 11th 06, 11:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me you are probably a
spammer trying to promote some service.

I thought that at first, but looking at his previous posts, I don't there is
any malicious intent.

The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
who also give free incomming geographic numbers.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old September 11th 06, 11:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me you are probably a
spammer trying to promote some service.

I thought that at first, but looking at his previous posts, I don't there is
any malicious intent.

The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
who also give free incomming geographic numbers.

Sorry if this appears twice, trouble with newsserver.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Old September 11th 06, 02:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Graham" wrote in message

that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me
you are probably a spammer trying to promote some
service.

I thought that at first, but looking at his previous
posts, I don't there is any malicious intent.

The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
who also give free incomming geographic numbers.

Sorry if this appears twice, trouble with newsserver.

IME when anyone starts a post with the words "I just came across this
service" it's almost always a spammer or an affiliate link.

Ivor

Old September 11th 06, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

It happens that Ivor Jones formulated :

"Graham" wrote in message

that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me
you are probably a spammer trying to promote some
service.

I thought that at first, but looking at his previous
posts, I don't there is any malicious intent.

The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
who also give free incomming geographic numbers.

Sorry if this appears twice, trouble with newsserver.

IME when anyone starts a post with the words "I just came across this
service" it's almost always a spammer or an affiliate link.

Ivor

.....but without a link...?

Anyway, assuming the OP had good intentions, and to add to Graham's
comments, the OP could look at http://www.voiptalk.org/reallyvoip or
https://www.voiptalk.org/products/really_useful_signup.php - free geo
number and, at least when I signed up, a 2 call credit included.

Old September 12th 06, 01:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

It happens that Ivor Jones formulated :

[snip]

IME when anyone starts a post with the words "I just
came across this service" it's almost always a spammer
or an affiliate link.

....but without a link...?

I did say spammer *or* affiliate link..! Wake up at the back g

Ivor

Old September 12th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
News Reader

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"Graham" wrote in message

that statement and the hotmail address suggest to me
you are probably a spammer trying to promote some
service.

I thought that at first, but looking at his previous
posts, I don't there is any malicious intent.

The OP might also look at http://www.sipgate.co.uk/ and
http://www.orbtalk.co.uk/
who also give free incomming geographic numbers.

Sorry if this appears twice, trouble with newsserver.

IME when anyone starts a post with the words "I just came across this
service" it's almost always a spammer or an affiliate link.

Ivor

Hi,

And when you come across a service or site you would like to let others know
about / that you think others would find useful or might be interested in or
appreciate being informed about... how do you start such a post?

I understand what you are saying Ivor and often you would be right in your
thoughts about such posts - but that doesn't make them all suspicious /
illegitimate.

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old September 12th 06, 07:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"News Reader" wrote in message

[snip]

And when you come across a service or site you would like
to let others know about / that you think others would
find useful or might be interested in or appreciate being
informed about... how do you start such a post?

Think whether you really need to. If someone *asks* what would be a good
service/system or whatever, then by all means reply, but I don't see that
there is a need to post just to say "I think this is brilliant" - even if
you think it's helping people, it could be regarded as
advertising/spamming, rightly or wrongly.

That's not to say that there are never times when something is worth
shouting from the rooftops about, but IMHO it's rare.

I understand what you are saying Ivor and often you would
be right in your thoughts about such posts - but that
doesn't make them all suspicious / illegitimate.

True, but unfortunately the legitimate ones have been tarred with the
wrong brush.

Ivor

Old September 12th 06, 11:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:14:39 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

Think whether you really need to. If someone *asks*
what would be a good service/system or whatever, then
by all means reply, but I don't see that there is a
need to post just to say "I think this is brilliant" -
even if you think it's helping people, it could be
regarded as advertising/spamming, rightly or wrongly.

And of course the grand Ayatollah Ivor WOULD immediately
think it was spam seeing that he has a fettish about spam
and spammers .

If I understood a word of that I might be able to formulate a reply.

Ivor