VPN ports blocked by many ISPs, SSL VPN?

Old September 11th 06, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon Hudson

Default VPN ports blocked by many ISPs, SSL VPN?

"Peter" wrote in message
I have just been abroad (Croatia, Greece, Italy) and find that every
ISP there blocks the ports used by the standard Windows PPTP VPN.

The only way to make it work is to use a GPRS connection e.g.
Vodafone, and that has all ports open. Very expensive!!

It does however work in the USA, usually, not with T-Mobile though.

I gather that one way to get around this is to use an SSL VPN which
runs on port 80+443 (same as HTTP/HTTPS) but I can't find any routers
that support SSL VPN termination.

Currently I use a Draytek 2900.

I am pretty sure this does;
http://www.igaware.co.uk/gopher.html