Question about betamax

Old September 11th 06, 01:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
¬Stephen Hammond

Default Question about betamax

Can you get the recipient to get CLID on there phone so

erm

If I phone someone with internet calls is it possible that the recipient is
shown a number via CLID so they know who's calling and can call back

ermm.. I hope thats clear

Old September 11th 06, 07:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

¬Stephen Hammond brought next idea :
Can you get the recipient to get CLID on there phone so

erm

If I phone someone with internet calls is it possible that the recipient is
shown a number via CLID so they know who's calling and can call back

ermm.. I hope thats clear

If you're asking about www.internetcalls.com, what number gets
presented to the person you are calling.?......then, unless you've
"bought" a VoIP In number, then no.....and I believe you cannot obtain
one at the moment/anymore

On some of the betamax clones, you can specify an outgoing CLI - any
you like, apparently. I cannot get the same functionality with
internetcalls.com. (Search this group for {{{{{Welcome}}}}'s thread on
this subject)

there is a section in the control panel to add other numbers, however,
I cannot see anything that allows me to present these numbers for
outbound calls. One thing that /is/ promised is to be able to present
your actual mobile number on outgoing text messages sent from your
account. This involves a verification text being sent, which is
chargeable, you then enter the code into your account......I got the
text, but the code would not work.

If anyone can prove me wrong, I would like to know how to set it up
myself!

Old September 11th 06, 08:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

there is a section in the control panel to add other numbers, however,
I cannot see anything that allows me to present these numbers for outbound
calls.

My comments below refer to voipcheap.co.uk. They may also pertain to other
clones.

In the softphone go to tools-options-call settings
you should have a dropdown menu called 'your voip-in phonenumber'
with all the numbers you entered in file- your personal profile.

If yours has a fixed field that cannot be changed, it is because the account
you are using came with a voip-in number.
Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and see
the difference.
(You will get some free trial calls even if you don't topup).

I never managed to use a voipcheap.co.uk account for spoofing CLI *other*
than
using the softphone, anyone got Asterisk to do it?
--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%

Old September 11th 06, 09:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Graham wrote :
there is a section in the control panel to add other numbers, however,
I cannot see anything that allows me to present these numbers for outbound
calls.

My comments below refer to voipcheap.co.uk. They may also pertain to other
clones.

In the softphone go to tools-options-call settings
you should have a dropdown menu called 'your voip-in phonenumber'
with all the numbers you entered in file- your personal profile.

If yours has a fixed field that cannot be changed, it is because the account
you are using came with a voip-in number.
Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and see
the difference.
(You will get some free trial calls even if you don't topup).

It doesn't work on a new internetcalls account.

I never managed to use a voipcheap.co.uk account for spoofing CLI *other*
than
using the softphone, anyone got Asterisk to do it?

I'm interested in that too......

Old September 11th 06, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Aidan Whitehouse

Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and
see the difference.

It doesn't work on a new internetcalls account.

nor on a new voipcheap.com account - they don't even give you a voip-in
number (CLI is withheld unless using the callback facility, when it presents
the callback number). I take it that I am not doing something wrong?

Old September 11th 06, 11:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Graham

"Aidan Whitehouse" wrote in message
Sign up again for a new account and log in with the new credentials and
see the difference.

It doesn't work on a new internetcalls account.

nor on a new voipcheap.com account - they don't even give you a voip-in
number (CLI is withheld unless using the callback facility, when it
presents the callback number). I take it that I am not doing something
wrong?

Yes, I tried it on the .com variant, and it doesn't work.
voipcheap.co.uk is the only one that I can vouch for,
with the proviso that the account didn't come with a number.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%