Vodafone to enter broadband market

Old September 11th 06, 03:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default Vodafone to enter broadband market

They have struck a deal to use BT network for a new broadband service.

Sorry if old news.
Old September 11th 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NoNeedToKnow

At 15:07, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

Sorry if old news.

Only a few hours LOL... was covered in 12 noon consumer programme
quite briefly, I think in part because it was seen to be BT linking with an
"old rival" and telecomms consultant said it made sense for BT to get a
bit of the income from this tie-up, and that BTW works with many ISPs.
Old September 11th 06, 03:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fatb°y °f the Underw°rld

"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message
They have struck a deal to use BT network for a new broadband service.

Oh dear... I guess it wont be long for the other networks to jump on the
band-waggon

Old September 11th 06, 04:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
At 15:07, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

Sorry if old news.

Only a few hours LOL... was covered in 12 noon consumer programme
quite briefly, I think in part because it was seen to be BT linking with
an
"old rival" and telecomms consultant said it made sense for BT to get a
bit of the income from this tie-up, and that BTW works with many ISPs.

Actually I didn't think of the "old rivals linking up". I now remember BT
used to run Cellnet didn't they?

Old September 11th 06, 04:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Fatb°y °f the Underw°rld" wrote
in message ...
"Beck" [email protected] wrote in message
They have struck a deal to use BT network for a new broadband service.

Oh dear... I guess it wont be long for the other networks to jump on the
band-waggon

T-Mobile already do in the form of Tiscali don't they?

Old September 11th 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Beck:
"NoNeedToKnow" wrote in message
At 15:07, "Beck" [email protected] wrote:

Sorry if old news.

Only a few hours LOL... was covered in 12 noon consumer programme
quite briefly, I think in part because it was seen to be BT linking
with an
"old rival" and telecomms consultant said it made sense for BT to
get a bit of the income from this tie-up, and that BTW works with
many ISPs.

Actually I didn't think of the "old rivals linking up". I now
remember BT used to run Cellnet didn't they?

They did, and sold it off, BT now use Vodafone for their mobile phone
offerings, not sure but there may still be some using T-Mobile.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old September 11th 06, 05:12 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tx2

"Fatb°y °f the Underw°rld" wrote
in message ...

Oh dear... I guess it wont be long for the other networks to jump on the
band-waggon

Sorry, but what does it matter if they do?

Old September 11th 06, 06:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PhilT

Fatb°y °f the Underw°rld wrote:

Oh dear... I guess it wont be long for the other networks to jump on the
band-waggon

O2 bought Be
Orange own err Orange
Carphone Whorehouse have Talk-Talk
Voda now with BT

Only Voda will be able to offer the same service on 5,000 exchanges,
rather than cherry picked LLU operators competing on the same 800-1000
exchanges. A good decision for Vodafone customers.

Orange could offer the same but choose to limit 8M to LLU for some
reason.

Phil