freetalk to vonage & a UTStarcom F1000 help please

Old September 11th 06, 04:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
brit-dub

Default freetalk to vonage & a UTStarcom F1000 help please

Hi

I've just swapped over from Freetalk to vonage, my phone number is still to
be ported though. I went to the vonage site and liked the look of the WiFi
UTStarcom F1000 so I tried to buy one. No so easy.

They will only sell one as a new contract you cant add one to a existing
contract even though its only 5 hours old or a transfer from Freetalk.

So I asked if I buy one elsewhere like from ebay can I connect it to vonage,
I got the answer I was expecting NO.

The only way is to buy one with a new number and cancel it during the first
month and then transfer it to your first account !

Now I like to take people at the word but I have this horrible feeling that
once purchased they will turn around and say no way if you cancel it that's
it.

Has anyone here found away around this problem ?

TIA

Brit

Old September 11th 06, 08:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

brit-dub wrote:

Now I like to take people at the word but I have this horrible feeling
that once purchased they will turn around and say no way if you cancel it
that's it.

Has anyone here found away around this problem ?

Get it in writing, perhaps.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:08:45 up 16 days, 4:13, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.20

Old September 12th 06, 12:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
brit-dub

"alexd" wrote in message ...
brit-dub wrote:

Now I like to take people at the word but I have this horrible feeling
that once purchased they will turn around and say no way if you cancel it
that's it.

Has anyone here found away around this problem ?

Get it in writing, perhaps.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:08:45 up 16 days, 4:13, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.20
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

I did ask and I've emailed them but no reply yet, If I get a reply I will
report back.

Old September 12th 06, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
brit-dub

"brit-dub" wrote in message

"alexd" wrote in message ...
brit-dub wrote:

Now I like to take people at the word but I have this horrible feeling
that once purchased they will turn around and say no way if you cancel
it
that's it.

Has anyone here found away around this problem ?

Get it in writing, perhaps.

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
20:08:45 up 16 days, 4:13, 2 users, load average: 0.25, 0.22, 0.20
This is my BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMSTICK

I did ask and I've emailed them but no reply yet, If I get a reply I will
report back.

this is the reply I got.

Thank you for contacting Customer Care.

At this point we do not offer the WiFi phone as a separate purchase.
The only way to activate this device on your account is to add an
additional line. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

We hope this has answered your enquiry. If you have any further
questions please visit our website at www.vonage.co.uk where you will
find answers to most customer enquiries.

Customer Care
Vonage UK
The Broadband Phone Company