Betamax providers

Old September 11th 06, 07:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Shaun Palmer

Default Betamax providers

I've been using internetcalls for a couple of weeks with no problems, now I
get NU tone for every call.
:-(

So I open an account with voipstunt and use that - everything is fine.
:-)

Move back to internetcalls and still get NU tone - so going to use voipstunt
for now.
:-|

Has anyone else had these problems ?

Is it because I have an empty account ?

i.e. do they give priority to customers with money in their account for free
calls ?

I tried putting money in my account but it didn't like my phone number so I
couldn't get past the first page.

Has anyone else had problems giving them money ?

tried area code + number, tried with country code, not sure what the problem
is.

Old September 11th 06, 08:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Shaun Palmer expressed precisely :
I've been using internetcalls for a couple of weeks with no problems, now I
get NU tone for every call.
:-(

So I open an account with voipstunt and use that - everything is fine.
:-)

Move back to internetcalls and still get NU tone - so going to use voipstunt
for now.
:-|

Have you bought /any/ credits?

Has anyone else had these problems ?

Is it because I have an empty account ?

Undoubtably

i.e. do they give priority to customers with money in their account for free
calls ?

Of course.

I tried putting money in my account but it didn't like my phone number so I
couldn't get past the first page.

What do you mean "it didn't like my phone number"?

At no point in the process should you need to enter a phone number -
log into your account using your username & password. Then select BUY
CREDIT, choose a payment method.....and that's it.

Has anyone else had problems giving them money ?

Possibly, though I find it very easy.

tried area code + number, tried with country code, not sure what the problem
is.

Perhaps you're not paying attention????

Old September 11th 06, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Shaun Palmer

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
Shaun Palmer expressed precisely :
I've been using internetcalls for a couple of weeks with no problems, now
I get NU tone for every call.
:-(

So I open an account with voipstunt and use that - everything is fine.
:-)

Move back to internetcalls and still get NU tone - so going to use
voipstunt for now.
:-|

Have you bought /any/ credits?

no, because I was never going over the free minutes.

but I guess they should say that its 10 euros + vat for 3/4 months
with 300 mins inclusive per week - and not totally free.

Has anyone else had these problems ?

Is it because I have an empty account ?

Undoubtably

i.e. do they give priority to customers with money in their account for
free calls ?

Of course.

I tried putting money in my account but it didn't like my phone number so
I couldn't get past the first page.

What do you mean "it didn't like my phone number"?

computer complained that I didn't have a valid telephone number when it
verified the input on the page.
tried
01xxx xxxxxx
44 1xxx xxxxxx
0044 1xxx xxxxxx
with + without spaces

At no point in the process should you need to enter a phone number - log
into your account using your username & password. Then select BUY CREDIT,
choose a payment method.....and that's it.

They ask for name, address and phone number,
then they call you on that number and ask you to enter a pin number that
they display on the screen

I found this out because I just added 10 euros to a new voipstunt account
that I created.
;-)

Has anyone else had problems giving them money ?

Possibly, though I find it very easy.

tried area code + number, tried with country code, not sure what the
problem is.

Perhaps you're not paying attention????

nope - they must have just locked the old account because I hadn't put any
money in.

oh well - I have voip back again - just paid a few pounds into a new account

Thanks

Old September 11th 06, 08:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Shaun Palmer:
I've been using internetcalls for a couple of weeks with no problems,
now I get NU tone for every call.
:-(

So I open an account with voipstunt and use that - everything is fine.
:-)

You get about 20 mins of free calls to test the account out, if you want
further 'free calls' you need to credit the account Ten Euro every 120
days.

That 10 Euro can still be used for chargeable calls, at the end of the
120 days of your 'free calls' you can use up the credit on calls that
will now be chargeable, or top up again.

Move back to internetcalls and still get NU tone - so going to use
voipstunt for now.
:-|

Has anyone else had these problems ?

Is it because I have an empty account ?

i.e. do they give priority to customers with money in their account
for free calls ?

I tried putting money in my account but it didn't like my phone
number so I couldn't get past the first page.

Has anyone else had problems giving them money ?

tried area code + number, tried with country code, not sure what the
problem is.

I've never had to give them a phone number

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk