Fujitsu FDX310 & Linksys WRT54G

Old September 12th 06, 02:07 PM
StuWren StuWren is offline
Junior Member

Default Fujitsu FDX310 & Linksys WRT54G

Hi, i have just bought a Linksys WRT54G broadband router and i cannot get internet through it. In the setup it asks to connect the modem to the router but with the Fujitsu FDX310 modem it connects to my pc through USB and the other port goes directly to the phone line. I have tried connecting the phone line directly to the bb router but the internet led does not light up and i recieve no connection. I have put the setup as PPPOE and filled in the relevent details.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old September 12th 06, 04:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Halfacree

Ian wrote:
StuWren wrote:
Hi, i have just bought a Linksys WRT54G broadband router and i cannot
get internet through it. In the setup it asks to connect the modem to
the router but with the Fujitsu FDX310 modem it connects to my pc
through USB and the other port goes directly to the phone line. I have
tried connecting the phone line directly to the bb router but the
internet led does not light up and i recieve no connection. I have put
the setup as PPPOE and filled in the relevent details.

Try PPPoA

Which, sadly, won't help. The WRT54G does not have an internal ADSL
modem and cannot be connected directly to an ADSL connection, nor can it
be used with a USB modem. It is designed for cable broadband (or for
use with an external modem which presents itself on an RJ45 Ethernet link).

The OP needs to take it back to the shop and swap it for an "ADSL
Modem/Router".

--
Gareth Halfacree
http://gareth.halfacree.co.uk
Old September 12th 06, 09:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

StuWren wrote:
Hi, i have just bought a Linksys WRT54G broadband router and i
cannot
get internet through it. In the setup it asks to connect the modem
the router but with the Fujitsu FDX310 modem it connects to my pc
through USB and the other port goes directly to the phone line. I
have
tried connecting the phone line directly to the bb router but the
internet led does not light up and i recieve no connection. I have
put
the setup as PPPOE and filled in the relevent details.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Can't be done, take the router back & get a DSL router, then bin the
USB modem...