Belkin routers & NTL broadband

Old September 12th 06, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trent SC

Default Belkin routers & NTL broadband

I've been told that some Belkin wireless routers (note - not modem/routers)
have some issues with NTL/Telewest 10Mb broadband lines. Is this simple
hearsay, or should I be taking a careful look at the Belkin's settings and
looking for firmware updates?

Cheers.

Old September 12th 06, 02:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike Scott

Trent SC wrote:
I've been told that some Belkin wireless routers (note - not modem/routers)
have some issues with NTL/Telewest 10Mb broadband lines. Is this simple
hearsay, or should I be taking a careful look at the Belkin's settings and
looking for firmware updates?

Cheers.

I bought a Belkin wireless access point (not router) and bridge a year
or so back. I resolved never to buy Belkin again - incomplete
networking capabilities and no support.

various domains listed at www.scottsonline.org.uk
Mike Scott Harlow Essex England.(unet -a-t- scottsonline.org.uk)
Old September 12th 06, 03:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Yddap

In ,
Trent SC opined loudly:
I've been told that some Belkin wireless routers (note - not
modem/routers) have some issues with NTL/Telewest 10Mb broadband
lines. Is this simple hearsay, or should I be taking a careful look
at the Belkin's settings and looking for firmware updates?

Cheers.

I use a F5D7231UK with blueyonder, works well
http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProdu...duct_Id=184371
--

Yddap

Old September 12th 06, 08:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
kraftee

Trent SC wrote:
I've been told that some Belkin wireless routers (note - not
modem/routers) have some issues with NTL/Telewest 10Mb broadband
lines. Is this simple hearsay, or should I be taking a careful look
at the Belkin's settings and looking for firmware updates?

Cheers.

Sorry but from past experience, both in the field & by others posting
on here, that piece of equipment isn't any good, even as a door stop,
unless you jam a ariel underneath it.

Old September 13th 06, 08:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Hi,

Do you have any experience of connecting more than 4 devices to your
NTL connection at the same time?

NTL say it can't be done?

Thanks,

David