Cisco IP Commander

Old September 12th 06, 04:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jeremy

Default Cisco IP Commander

Anyone here familiar with / could point to any FAQs on it? I am having
trouble finding the info I want from the Cisco web site.

--

jeremy

Old September 12th 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-09-12, Jeremy wrote:

Anyone here familiar with / could point to any FAQs on it? I am having
trouble finding the info I want from the Cisco web site.

Is this of any help? Apologies in advance if it has little bearing on
your search.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/675_faq.shtml

Brian.
Old September 13th 06, 08:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jeremy

Default Cisco IP Comunicator

In article , Brian says...
On 2006-09-12, Jeremy wrote:

Anyone here familiar with / could point to any FAQs on it? I am having
trouble finding the info I want from the Cisco web site.

Is this of any help? Apologies in advance if it has little bearing on
your search.

http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/794/675_faq.shtml

Thanks Brian, but this doesn't look to me as though it is related to a
VOIP product?

Cisco IP Communicator (sorry I mistyped as Commander in the original
subject) "is a Microsoft Windows-based application that delivers
enhanced telephony support through personal computers".

In this way, it has some overlap with Skype. If you are running skype,
you can invoke a telephone call from a web page like this:

a href="skype:+44 1111 1111111?call"Call Billy/a

and I am trying to determine if a similar method of invking a call is
possible on PCs running Cisco IP Communicator.

--

jeremy
Old September 15th 06, 12:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Vicon

Cisco ip comunicator is a skinny based soft phone which needs cisco
callmanager to run. It is not a sip based soft phone so you can't use
it like Skype and the rest.
In article , Brian says...

Old October 5th 06, 12:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jeremy

In article .com,
Vicon says...

Cisco ip comunicator is a skinny based soft phone which needs cisco
callmanager to run. It is not a sip based soft phone so you can't use
it like Skype and the rest.

Thanks very much for your reponse.

--

jeremy