Vyke - Interesting VoIP Provider? 4 Eurocent Per Call?

Old September 12th 06, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
News Reader

Default Vyke - Interesting VoIP Provider? 4 Eurocent Per Call?

Hi,

During ongoing searching for best value UK calling via VoIP or fixed line I
have identified the following:

https://www.vyke.com/merchantsite/ma...YKENO&Locale=7

This is an interesting if somewhat curious provider / service... the
offering presented seems to depend on what "distributor" referall link you
are given / use. With the above "VYKENO" the adverts at the top of the page
(most pages at least) show "Europe and US for Free" / "Call all fixed phones
in Europe and US for Free" (where it indicates a 4 eurocent per call set-up
charge) - as well as indicating upcoming free SMS. The rate / tarfiff page
also confirms 0 currency unit/minute charge for UK landline calls (and other
european / US destinations).

Note: If you go their homepage the referall / distributor link assigned
appears to be different and to make a different offering (slightly
concerning / disturbing! - how can you be sure just which offering you would
/ will get on registering and providing funds!... disturbing me thinks - if
enticing by virtue of the 4 eurocent per call offering... hmm)... (I think I
/ someone need[s] to contact the firm directly). The offering shown by going
directly to the homepage appears to be "MASKINA" and the offer much less
attractive to me - [very rough preliminary assessment] - namely free calls
dependent on the amount topped-up - e.g. $20 top up and get 90 minutes
free - i.e. bonus credit I believe / understand - confirming this via the
rates page under this distrbutorship link shows that the rates are indeed
"non zero").

Note2: For your information, the good / attractive link (the first above) as
far as I am concerned... was found by discovering and following the Vyke
entry in the VoIP price comparison website www.myvoipprovider.com - none of
them or it are anything to do with me (for reference sake - I know some get
rather / quite concerned about referal / revenue sharing links, etc. - I am
nothing to do with any of these!).

Please let me know what you think, if you know anything, the results of any
enquiries / research you underatke, etc.

Thanks and best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. On the face of it, this offer sounds pretty good to me as it is rather
like the Finarea Call18866 / 1899 fixed fee per call landline services
pricing models that I have not yet / otherwise / previously found being
provided by any (many - at least without subscription fees) VoIP services.

Old September 14th 06, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
andy

News Reader wrote:
[...]

The rates from the UK site (click falg at bottom of page) are also 0p
per minute for several countries. The web or sms callback looks
interesting, but it isn't at that tariff; instead 2.3p per minute
between landlines. Slightly cheaper can be found for a few countries,
but not much. Some web-based callback systems can be adapted for
wap/gprs (eg Enlinea, Voipfone), so it would be interesting to know if
this one can. I might take a look if the initial credit is modest.

Old September 14th 06, 10:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
andy

andy wrote:
News Reader wrote:
During ongoing searching for best value UK calling via VoIP or fixed line I
have identified the following:

https://www.vyke.com/merchantsite/ma...YKENO&Locale=7

This is an interesting if somewhat curious provider / service... the
offering presented seems to depend on what "distributor" referall link you
are given / use. With the above "VYKENO" the adverts at the top of the page
(most pages at least) show "Europe and US for Free" / "Call all fixed phones
in Europe and US for Free" (where it indicates a 4 eurocent per call set-up
charge) - as well as indicating upcoming free SMS. The rate / tarfiff page
also confirms 0 currency unit/minute charge for UK landline calls (and other
european / US destinations).

The rates from the UK site (click flag at bottom of page) are also 0p
per minute for several countries. The web or sms callback looks
interesting, but it isn't at that tariff; instead 2.3p per minute
between landlines. Slightly cheaper can be found for a few countries,
but not much. Some web-based callback systems can be adapted for
wap/gprs (eg Enlinea, Voipfone), so it would be interesting to know if
this one can. I might take a look if the initial credit is modest.

A noticed that the German and Swedish versions say that the offer
prices are valid until 15 October, so I wonder if the tariff heads
north after that. The UK one doesn't mention it.

Old September 14th 06, 06:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
Jono

News Reader expressed precisely :
[...]

Please would you pick / choose a single word / phrase and stop /
refrain from using all the unnecessary / superfluous obliques and
synonyms / alternatives....?

Please..........Thank you.

I find some of your posts interesting, however, for want of a better
phrase, I can't be arsed reading 'em.

Old September 14th 06, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
Jono

Al expressed :

Thank you.

You're welcome.

Old September 15th 06, 03:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
News Reader

"Jono" wrote in message
. ..
News Reader expressed precisely :
Hi,

During ongoing searching for best value UK calling via VoIP or fixed

line I
have identified the following:

** Snip **

Thanks and best wishes,

News Reader

P.s. On the face of it, this offer sounds pretty good to me as it is

rather
like the Finarea Call18866 / 1899 fixed fee per call landline services
pricing models that I have not yet / otherwise / previously found being
provided by any (many - at least without subscription fees) VoIP

services.

Please would you pick / choose a single word / phrase and stop /
refrain from using all the unnecessary / superfluous obliques and
synonyms / alternatives....?

Please..........Thank you.

I find some of your posts interesting, however, for want of a better
phrase, I can't be arsed reading 'em.

Understood and agreed.

I will try and cut out the multiple options .

Best wishes,

News Reader

Old September 15th 06, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip,uk.telecom
Jono

News Reader submitted this idea :

Understood and agreed.

I will try and cut out the multiple options .

Ta, muchly. I will read your posts with renewed enthusiasm!