OT ish: WPA security on Windows 2k

Old September 12th 06, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Carver

Default OT ish: WPA security on Windows 2k

Some friends have just bought a new lap top. I've set that up with their
wireless router using WPA encryption.

Their old desktop runs Windows 2000. They wish to continue using that in a
bedroom. I'm planning to fit it with a PCI wireless card, as running a CAT 5
to that location will be tricky.

However ISTR that there is no support for WPA in 2K OS ?

I've got a laptop running 2k, and while its wireless adaptor (D-Link
DWL-G650+) works very well on WEP, I cannot get it to run properly with WPA
(despite my wireless AP'S log saying authentication is OK)

Does anybody have any experience etc with this ?

--
Mark
Old September 13th 06, 08:37 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grant

Mark Carver wrote:

Does anybody have any experience etc with this ?

My old laptop ran W2K and WPA quite happily. This was with a 3Com router and
3Com PC Card adapter.