Sipura / Linksys SPA1001 Back to back / sipgate

Old September 13th 06, 10:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Melodicminor

Default Sipura / Linksys SPA1001 Back to back / sipgate

Can anyone help me with a little problem I have.

I have been using an SPA 1001 and SPA3000 in a back to back config with
a hotline dialplan to give me a PBX extension over a wireless bridge.
This has been working fine, no problems for a number of weeks now....

However, I now want to use line 2 (on the SPA1001) for a sipgate
account - simple enough I thought, and configured as per sipgates
instructions.

Essentially, both lines work - the only problem I have is switching
between them. If I set the back to back config as the default line,
the SPA1001 won't switch to the sipgate line using the # key on the
phone (as it's passing all DTMF tones directly to the SPA3000 at the
onther end)

If I reverse this config, and make the sipgate account the default, on
pressing # to switch line i get a locally generated dialtone and the
back to back hotline config fails, with no IP traffic between the local
SPA1001 and the remote SPA3000.

Does anyone have a cunning dialplan that would allow me to specify that
if the number starts with a 2,4,5,6 or a 9, then it used the back to
back config, but if it starts with a 0, or is 6 digits it uses the
sipgate line. Essentially I don't need a hotline config in this
scenario. However - if dialing 9 to gain an outside line via the pbx,
can the SPA1000 be programmed to insert a pause of 3 seconds between
the 9 and the rest of the number?

Many thanks in advance for anyones help..

Melodic.

Old September 13th 06, 06:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Melodicminor formulated on Wednesday :
[...]

Not an answer to your question, I know.......would you care to share
your back-to-back configs? I need to set up what you've already done.

I can't imagine why your # is not selecting the appropriate line,
though as you metioned, it obviously something to do with the hotline
you've set up.

Wouldn't you need to disable the hotline to get what you want? Since
Sipgate changed their security, you won't be able to dial from line one
over Sipgate if it's not registered with them.

Old September 13th 06, 10:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Melodicminor

Jono wrote:

Not an answer to your question, I know.......would you care to share
your back-to-back configs? I need to set up what you've already done.

I can't imagine why your # is not selecting the appropriate line,
though as you metioned, it obviously something to do with the hotline
you've set up.

I used this helpfull document to set up the back to back config...

http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/sp...1x_spa1001.pdf

Since my last post, the phone is now behaving strangely on the back to
back config, so I'm going to revert my config until someone can help me
work out the correct dialplan!

Anyone want to pick up the challenge??!!

Melodic

Old September 13th 06, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Melodicminor formulated on Wednesday :

I used this helpfull document to set up the back to back config...

http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/sp...1x_spa1001.pdf

Yes, thanks for that. I have read it before but am interested in how to
set them up when both are behind routers.....

Old September 14th 06, 09:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Melodicminor

Jono wrote:
Melodicminor formulated on Wednesday :

I used this helpfull document to set up the back to back config...

http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/sp...1x_spa1001.pdf

Yes, thanks for that. I have read it before but am interested in how to
set them up when both are behind routers.....

I am assuming you mean you have two LAN segments on diferent address
ranges, with the SPA 3000 one end and the SPA 1000 the other?

I think the key to this is to make sure the IP level of the system is
working properly, then point the Sipuras at the routers either end (as
default gateway) like you would any other device. Providing you have
set up your routers correctly and can pass traffic between the two
network segments them you should have no problems.

Should you wish to be able to to use the SPA3000 for both FXO and FXS
(via a n other VoIP provider) then you will need to make sure that your
router is configured to not only pass traffic between the lan segments,
but also to route traffic to whichever device provides your internet
connection. (unless your internet gateway, and lan router are the same
device - in the case of VPN's for example)

Hope that made sense... being a teckie means I'm hopeless at clearly
explaining any sort of higher level concept in a way understandable by
98% of the population!

Regs

Melodic

PS. Anyone able to help me with my problem!!??

Old September 14th 06, 09:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul

Jono wrote:
Melodicminor formulated on Wednesday :

I used this helpfull document to set up the back to back config...

http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/sp...1x_spa1001.pdf

Yes, thanks for that. I have read it before but am interested in how to
set them up when both are behind routers.....

Either with a VPN, lots of messy port forwarding or use service provider
accounts on both the ATAs and rely on the service providers NAT
traversal mechanisms to deal with the routers.

cheers,
Paul.
Old September 14th 06, 07:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Thu, 14 Sep 2006 09:53:03 +0100, Paul
wrote:

Jono wrote:
Melodicminor formulated on Wednesday :

I used this helpfull document to set up the back to back config...

http://www.provu.co.uk/pdf/sipura/sp...1x_spa1001.pdf

Yes, thanks for that. I have read it before but am interested in how to
set them up when both are behind routers.....

Either with a VPN, lots of messy port forwarding or use service provider
accounts on both the ATAs and rely on the service providers NAT
traversal mechanisms to deal with the routers.

cheers,
Paul.

I haven't tried running another ATA into my SPA 3000 but I have
certainly thought about using an SPA 1001 in that way.
What I have done with my '3000 is disable DHCP and set up a static
IP.
I have made
primary DNS = Current Gateway = IP address of the router.
If I was to set up an SPA 1001 I would use the same Primary DNS and
Gateway settings but set up a different IP. That way I can't see any
problem - unless anyone else knows otherwise.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old September 14th 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On 13 Sep 2006 02:02:42 -0700, "Melodicminor"
wrote:

Does anyone have a cunning dialplan that would allow me to specify that
if the number starts with a 2,4,5,6 or a 9, then it used the back to
back config, but if it starts with a 0, or is 6 digits it uses the
sipgate line. Essentially I don't need a hotline config in this
scenario. However - if dialing 9 to gain an outside line via the pbx,
can the SPA1000 be programmed to insert a pause of 3 seconds between
the 9 and the rest of the number?

Many thanks in advance for anyones help..

Melodic.

It was a bit difficult to decipher your post but I think you basically
want to either use the '300 to dial out or one of the 2 '1001 lines.
Without going into too much detail this is the way I see it.

0:#0xx.:@gw0
That should replace the '0' with '#0' and so should route the call on
line 2 of the '1001 which is connected, I assume, to the PSTN port.

If calling locally, which I assume is what you mean by a 6 digit
number. That would simply be something like

:00441274[2-9]xxxxx:@gw0

00 international code
44 UK country code
1274 Area code for Bradford
In this case any number starting with 2 to 9 inclusive would be routed
via line 1 of the SPA-1001 and be prefixed by 00441274.
Thus local number 567890 would be dialled via the SPA 1001, line 1, as
00441274567890.

When dialling out of the SPA 3000 voip port enter the appropriate
gateway number (i.e. NOT gw0 )

More dial plan examples:
www.leafcom.co.uk

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old September 14th 06, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Melodicminor

Brian A wrote:

[...]

snip

Thanks for that Brian.... and thanks for the link....

I'll give this a go on the weekend and see how confused I get )

With any luck, I'll write with good news next week!

Melodic