Newbie Questions

Old September 13th 06, 04:44 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking

Default Newbie Questions

Hi,

This has probably be asked a zillion times before (if there is an FAQ
for this group, please could some point me at it?) but here goes ...

I have an existing single computer 512K ADSL connection from Orange
(formerly Wanadoo and Freeserve) using a Speedtouch modem. Is it
possible to convert this to a multi-PC wireless network without
replacing/upgrading my existing connection (other than for bandwidth
issues)?

My assumption has been that I would just plug the modem into the
wireless router rather than the back of my PC, would that work?

Thanks

John