Gradwell Sipgate now working :-)

Old September 13th 06, 05:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

Default Gradwell Sipgate now working :-)

The peering between Gradwell and Sipgate, which has been broken for a
while, is now fully working again in both directions.

However, there is a slight difference in the dialling procedure from
Gradwell to Sipgate; calls need to be dialled using the prefix code **777
followed by the number in international format but without the leading
zero, i.e. for my Speaking Clock on the Sipgate London number 020 7043
1320 (SIP ID 1431320) you would dial from Gradwell:

**777442070431320

To call a Gradwell number from Sipgate is unchanged, i.e. 000472 followed
by the Gradwell SIP ID.

For those with IPKall numbers, testing is currently in progress, it should
be resolved in the next couple of days.

Ivor

Old September 13th 06, 06:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Paul Cupis

Ivor Jones wrote:
followed by the number in international format but without the leading
zero,

International format already implies that the leading zero you would
typically use in the UK is left off.
Old September 13th 06, 06:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Paul Cupis" wrote in message

Ivor Jones wrote:
followed by the number in international format but
without the leading zero,

International format already implies that the leading
zero you would typically use in the UK is left off.

True, it was a typo. I should have said leading zeros on the whole thing,
i.e. 0044.

Ivor