Voip provider for UK only calls

Old September 13th 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Default Voip provider for UK only calls

Hi All,

I recently posted a question regarding ATA's etc and have since
purchased and set-up a Sipura/Linksys SPA1001. It was all nice and easy
and I have a Sipgate for my local geographic number for incoming calls.

I'm now looking for the best value provider for ourgoing calls. Calls
will all be to the UK and the majority of these will be to landline.
The call volume will be very low, approx. 6-8 calls per week.

Please could anyone recommend a provider?

Many thanks for your help.

Victor.

Old September 13th 06, 06:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message
ups.com
Hi All,

I recently posted a question regarding ATA's etc and have
since purchased and set-up a Sipura/Linksys SPA1001. It
was all nice and easy and I have a Sipgate for my local
geographic number for incoming calls.

I'm now looking for the best value provider for ourgoing
calls. Calls will all be to the UK and the majority of
these will be to landline. The call volume will be very
low, approx. 6-8 calls per week.

Please could anyone recommend a provider?

Many thanks for your help.

It depends on the length of the calls. If they're reasonably short, then
using the Sipgate number itself will probably be the least hassle.

Ivor

Old September 13th 06, 06:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 18:33:33 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com
Hi All,

I recently posted a question regarding ATA's etc and have
since purchased and set-up a Sipura/Linksys SPA1001. It
was all nice and easy and I have a Sipgate for my local
geographic number for incoming calls.

I'm now looking for the best value provider for ourgoing
calls. Calls will all be to the UK and the majority of
these will be to landline. The call volume will be very
low, approx. 6-8 calls per week.

Please could anyone recommend a provider?

Many thanks for your help.

It depends on the length of the calls. If they're reasonably short, then
using the Sipgate number itself will probably be the least hassle.

Ivor

There is no doubt in my mind as to the best value voip provider.
voip.co.uk
£2/month for inclusive off-peak calls (up to 1 hour/call) and 2p/call
at peak (up to 1 hour/call). You get a geographic number too.
Reliability much better than Sipgate.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Old September 13th 06, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Hi,

For a good "pay as you go service" check out www.callunion.com, which
supports sipura ATA's etc...

David

Old September 13th 06, 08:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Brian A" wrote in message

[snip]

There is no doubt in my mind as to the best value voip
provider. voip.co.uk
£2/month for inclusive off-peak calls (up to 1 hour/call)
and 2p/call at peak (up to 1 hour/call). You get a
geographic number too. Reliability much better than
Sipgate.

I'm not going to get into an argument about reliability, except to say
that I've not had a major problem recently that wasn't down to my
equipment (mis)configuration.

However, any provider that has a requirement for a monthly payment is not
going to be good value for a caller who only makes half a dozen or so
calls a week, unless those calls are very long.

Ivor

Old September 13th 06, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Daviey Walker

wrote:
Hi All,

I recently posted a question regarding ATA's etc and have since
purchased and set-up a Sipura/Linksys SPA1001. It was all nice and easy
and I have a Sipgate for my local geographic number for incoming calls.

I'm now looking for the best value provider for ourgoing calls. Calls
will all be to the UK and the majority of these will be to landline.
The call volume will be very low, approx. 6-8 calls per week.

Please could anyone recommend a provider?

Many thanks for your help.

Victor.

voipcheap.COM - Also supports your SIP hardware.

Initial top up €11.60 EUR (€10 + VAT - approx £8.04 GBP)

90 Days of free UK landline calls (and many other destinations) after
the 90 days calls are charged 0.93p (less than a penny) per minute until
you next topup when they become free for another 90 days. Although you
said mainly landline, the reason i recommend this company is for the
occasional time you call mobiles - it is charged at 5.57p (less than 6p)
per minute.

If you decided to topup every 90 days for the free calls then it would
cost about £2.60 per month. However, there would be no real need as you
will have credit remaining. For your level of usage - this single top
up could probably last you all year!

If for any reason they charge their tariff then your you can withdraw
your remaining credit, and presumably use one of the other suppliers
recommended.
Old September 13th 06, 10:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Daviey Walker:
wrote:
[...]

Also sister service VoIPStunt.com , instead of 90 days of free calls,
you get 120 days, however the cost of calls to UK mobiles is a lot
higher, this is where VoIPCheap.com scores over VoIPStunt.

--
DVD rental:
www.southeastbirmingham.co.uk/dvd

Old September 14th 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Ivor Jones wrote:
"Brian A" wrote in message

[snip]
However, any provider that has a requirement for a monthly payment is not
going to be good value for a caller who only makes half a dozen or so
calls a week, unless those calls are very long.

Ivor

I think I agree with Ivor on this one.. voip.co.uks package is
brilliant, and their service also very good.. However, if you only make
a few calls a week I think you can find cheaper providers.

But having said that, he can still go with voip.co.uk and use their pay
as you go service (same as sipgate), and if you find you make more and
more calls switch to their UK package (£1.99), that way you dont have to
change number down the lines... This is why I chose voip.co.uk over
sipgate.. + I have heard nothing but praise for voip.co.uk.