Draytek Vigor 2600VG - fix IP address?

Old September 14th 06, 06:42 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jon

Default Draytek Vigor 2600VG - fix IP address?

Hi,

I want my unit to assign IP addresses using DHCP, but I want to be able
to fix the IP address assigned to each device.

Can it be done?
--
Regards
Jon
Old September 15th 06, 09:18 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tim..

"Jon" wrote in message
et...
Hi,

I want my unit to assign IP addresses using DHCP, but I want to be able
to fix the IP address assigned to each device.

Can it be done?
--

You cant have both DHCP and a fixed IP. Its one or other.

tim..

Old September 15th 06, 11:54 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
deKay

Soni tempori elseu romani yeof helsforo nisson ol sefini ill des Fri, 15 Sep
uk.comp.home-networking, yawatina tan reek esk "Tim.."
fornis do marikano es bono tan el:

I want my unit to assign IP addresses using DHCP, but I want to be able
to fix the IP address assigned to each device.

Can it be done?

You cant have both DHCP and a fixed IP. Its one or other.

That isn't true. You can have DHCP assign fixed IP addresses based on the MAC
address of the NIC in the machine.

Whether or not that router can do it or not, I don't know.

deKay
--
Lofi Gaming - www.lofi-gaming.org.uk
"Frobert asked me today if we could buy matching gym clothes