Has anyone else heard about MoIP

Old September 15th 06, 12:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
palfiem

Default Has anyone else heard about MoIP

Afternoon,

I was interested in anyone has heard of MoIP and what it actually
means? I was watching BBC click this morning and they mentioned a
company in the UK called connectmeanywhere.com who use this term.

I have looked at their service which seems to enable users to make
interneational calls from there mobile at VoIP prices. MoIP stands
for Mobile over IP.

This seems a great idea but I wondered if anyone else had heard of
these guys?

It would be great to get some feedback before I sign up to what sounds
a great service.

Many thanks

Paul
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com
Old September 15th 06, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Daviey Walker

palfiem wrote:
Afternoon,

I was interested in anyone has heard of MoIP and what it actually
means? I was watching BBC click this morning and they mentioned a
company in the UK called connectmeanywhere.com who use this term.

I have looked at their service which seems to enable users to make
interneational calls from there mobile at VoIP prices. MoIP stands
for Mobile over IP.

This seems a great idea but I wondered if anyone else had heard of
these guys?

It would be great to get some feedback before I sign up to what sounds
a great service.

Many thanks

Paul
---
External Post from http://ukvoiptalk.com

Seems like your provided an access number that you call to then get an
outgoing line. It doesn't matter what device your phoning from. This
means that their term 'MOIP' is purely marketing! Other VOIP service
providers can facilitate this service with *much* better value!
Old September 15th 06, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article ,
palfiem wrote:
Afternoon,

I was interested in anyone has heard of MoIP and what it actually
means? I was watching BBC click this morning and they mentioned a
company in the UK called connectmeanywhere.com who use this term.

Mobile Over IP - a "novel" way to WiFi enabled connect mobile phones
to .. er the phone system ...

More marketing malarkey if you ask me...

See this: http://uk.techcrunch.com/?p=86

Gordon
Old September 16th 06, 02:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
palfiem wrote:
Afternoon,

I was interested in anyone has heard of MoIP and what it actually
means? I was watching BBC click this morning and they mentioned a
company in the UK called connectmeanywhere.com who use this term.

Mobile Over IP - a "novel" way to WiFi enabled connect mobile phones
to .. er the phone system ...

More marketing malarkey if you ask me...

See this: http://uk.techcrunch.com/?p=86

Gordon

Providing you have x-network minutes on Orange, T-Mob, , O2 you can
make cheaper/free? Intl calls using the dial through access numbers
provided by the likes of yourcallworld,simply-fone,planettalk etc

Or you can use the 020 mobile access numbers of the likes of
www.18185.co.uk www.1899.com etc

They are all cheaper then Callmeanywhere

Old September 16th 06, 09:44 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R. Mark Clayton

wrote in message
oups.com...

Gordon Henderson wrote:
In article ,
palfiem wrote:
Afternoon,

I was interested in anyone has heard of MoIP and what it actually
means? I was watching BBC click this morning and they mentioned a
company in the UK called connectmeanywhere.com who use this term.

Mobile Over IP - a "novel" way to WiFi enabled connect mobile phones
to .. er the phone system ...

More marketing malarkey if you ask me...

See this: http://uk.techcrunch.com/?p=86

Gordon

Providing you have x-network minutes on Orange, T-Mob, , O2 you can
make cheaper/free? Intl calls using the dial through access numbers
provided by the likes of yourcallworld,simply-fone,planettalk etc

Or you can use the 020 mobile access numbers of the likes of
www.18185.co.uk www.1899.com etc

They are all cheaper then Callmeanywhere

When you are in Japan?

Old September 16th 06, 08:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
linker3000

If you have a Vodafone business account, you can designate an inbound
line on your VoIP account as one of the free-to-call landline numbers
and then use (for example), the DISA features on Asterisk/FreePBX to
dial out again - in effect making calls from your mobile at your regular
VoIP rates.
Old September 16th 06, 11:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

linker3000 wrote:
If you have a Vodafone business account, you can designate an inbound
line on your VoIP account as one of the free-to-call landline numbers
and then use (for example), the DISA features on Asterisk/FreePBX to
dial out again - in effect making calls from your mobile at your regular
VoIP rates.

What is the point of that, when Voipfone have a dial-in London number
that has the same function, similar to calling card use? No extension
line or Asterisk required.

Old September 18th 06, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Linker3000

andy wrote:
linker3000 wrote:
If you have a Vodafone business account, you can designate an inbound
line on your VoIP account as one of the free-to-call landline numbers
and then use (for example), the DISA features on Asterisk/FreePBX to
dial out again - in effect making calls from your mobile at your regular
VoIP rates.

What is the point of that, when Voipfone have a dial-in London number
that has the same function, similar to calling card use? No extension
line or Asterisk required.

1) We're not with Voipfone (although that's not a major issue)

2) Our VoIP system spans 30+ sites so from your mobile you can get to
any extension in our organisation free of charge

3) We can call track mobile phone calls as part of our Asterisk reporting.

4) People on mobiles can dial in to conferences free of charge

5) People on mobiles can check their Asterisk VM free of charge

etc..

Old September 20th 06, 01:34 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

Linker3000 wrote:
andy wrote:
linker3000 wrote:
[...]

apologies - late at night I saw Voipfone instead of Vodafone.

dialling in then out again is still just similar to calltheough or
calling card, though I can see a firm would be happier having the
destination rather than access number available on billing info

Old September 22nd 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Lee

"Linker3000" wrote in message
andy wrote:
linker3000 wrote:
[...]

Hello Linker3000

I read your post with much interest. Would you mind confirming something for
me? I am looking at linking up just three sites using VoIP/SIP.

Do you have an Asterisk installation at every site or just at one site with
all calls farmed out from there? Via VPN?

A quick outline would be so helpful.

Many thanks in advance