Problem With Skype USB Phone

Old September 17th 06, 11:11 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
R.Daneel Olivaw

Default Problem With Skype USB Phone

Running Windows XP SP2
Latest version of Skype
Using a US Robotics 9601 USB Handset with latest drivers.

The problem is that ALL Skype related sounds come from the phone. So when
for example I get a instant message the sound notification comes from the
phone speaker so it is quite faint.

In the Windows control panel in the sound settings the on board sound card
is selected and all Windows sound comes through the speakers as expected.

If in Skype I go to Tools Options Sound Devices and change the Ringing
setting to my on board sound card and click save the notification sounds
come from my speakers. However when I next restart Skype the ringing setting
has changed to USB device again.

I have tried disabling the "let Skype adjust my sound settings" but this
makes no difference.

Any ideas?