NAS for W95 WXP network.

« wifi | WiMAX »

Old September 19th 06, 12:36 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
norm

Default NAS for W95 WXP network.

Is there a Network Attached storage device that will work for W95. It
is ethernet connected to a wireless router, and an WXP computer
connected to the router by wireless?

The XP HD is formatted FAT32 so sharing files with W95 works.

Dont want to use FTP that some NAS devices offer.

Thanks
Norm
Old September 19th 06, 04:50 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Jeff Gaines

On 19/09/2006 in message norm wrote:

Is there a Network Attached storage device that will work for W95. It
is ethernet connected to a wireless router, and an WXP computer
connected to the router by wireless?

The XP HD is formatted FAT32 so sharing files with W95 works.

Dont want to use FTP that some NAS devices offer.

Thanks
Norm

I would have thought that a proper NAS would work with any OS, it just
plugs into the router/switch. I have a Buffalo Terastation which works well.

Sorry if I've missed the point :-)

--
Jeff Gaines
Posted with XanaNews 1.18.1.3