Wireless Network Question

Old September 20th 06, 01:57 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Christo

Default Wireless Network Question

Hello,

I currently have a home wireless network setup and I have a question about
adding to this setup, Currently there is a router situated downstairs in my
house, I use this router to access the internet on my PC and on the Laptop.
I want to have a PS2 in my bedroom which I can use to play online games
with.

Is there any type of access point that I can use to the pick up the wireless
signal from the router downstairs and then use the ethernet ports on this
access point to connect my PS2 to the network so it can access the internet?

does anyone understand my question enough to answer it?

Thanks in advance

Christo

Old September 20th 06, 02:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

Christo wrote:
Hello,

I currently have a home wireless network setup and I have a question
about adding to this setup, Currently there is a router situated
downstairs in my house, I use this router to access the internet on
my PC and on the Laptop. I want to have a PS2 in my bedroom which I
can use to play online games with.

Is there any type of access point that I can use to the pick up the
wireless signal from the router downstairs and then use the ethernet
ports on this access point to connect my PS2 to the network so it can
access the internet?
does anyone understand my question enough to answer it?

Yes , you need a wireless bridge like this
http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/113699

--
Alex

Piece by piece the penguins have taken my sanity
www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Old September 20th 06, 03:12 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Christo

"Dr Zoidberg" wrote in message
Christo wrote:
[...]

cheers