voip.co.uk, First Impressions

Old September 22nd 06, 03:35 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

Default voip.co.uk, First Impressions

Well after much consideration I have replaced my Sipgate Line with one from
voip.co.uk I have gone for there 19.99/year which gives free off peak calls
and 2p/hour in the daytime. I have had the service running for a day and
have found it to be very good, no calls being dropped half way through like
I was suffering on Sipgate. Audio quality is excellent and it was very easy
to set up with my Zoom X5V modem/router. All in all I'm very impressed but I
guess only a day of use is not long enough for a proper assessment of the
service but at the price it seems great value compared to Sipgate.

Old September 22nd 06, 03:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Phil" wrote in message

Well after much consideration I have replaced my Sipgate
Line with one from voip.co.uk I have gone for there
19.99/year which gives free off peak calls

Free for 19.99/year..? Isn't that an oxymoron..?

and 2p/hour
in the daytime. I have had the service running for a day
and have found it to be very good, no calls being dropped
half way through like I was suffering on Sipgate.

I never get calls dropped half way through on Sipgate, Gradwell or any of
the other services I use.

Audio
quality is excellent and it was very easy to set up with
my Zoom X5V modem/router. All in all I'm very impressed
but I guess only a day of use is not long enough for a
proper assessment of the service but at the price it
seems great value compared to Sipgate.

Good for you, but I'd still like to know how you consider your calls are
free when you have to pay 20 quid a year for them.

Ivor

Old September 22nd 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message
Good for you, but I'd still like to know how you consider your calls are
free when you have to pay 20 quid a year for them.

Ivor

Ok the calls cost 19.99 a year but this still works out cheaper than
Sipgate for me. Especially in the daytime 2p/hour (yes I know, plus
19.99/year)

Old September 22nd 06, 05:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Phil wrote:
Well after much consideration I have replaced my Sipgate Line with one from
voip.co.uk I have gone for there 19.99/year which gives free off peak calls
and 2p/hour in the daytime. I have had the service running for a day and
have found it to be very good, no calls being dropped half way through like
I was suffering on Sipgate. Audio quality is excellent and it was very easy
to set up with my Zoom X5V modem/router. All in all I'm very impressed but I
guess only a day of use is not long enough for a proper assessment of the
service but at the price it seems great value compared to Sipgate.

Been with them for a couple of months, and very impressed with the speed
of replies to emails and their friendly content when replying to my
idiot newbee questions.
Old September 22nd 06, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"Ian Pawson" wrote in message
Been with them for a couple of months, and very impressed with the speed
of replies to emails and their friendly content when replying to my
idiot newbee questions.

Ian, one problem I have found is when I make a call and nobody answers and I
hang up the phone keeps ringing for ages at the other end and sometimes I'm
been charged for call that go to voice mail even though I hung up before the
voice mail cut in. I have tried a couple of test calls to my land line and
when I hang up my voip.co.uk line the land line keeps ringing for up to 15
seconds. Have you had any problems like this?

Old September 22nd 06, 08:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ian Pawson

Phil wrote:
"Ian Pawson" wrote in message
Been with them for a couple of months, and very impressed with the speed
of replies to emails and their friendly content when replying to my
idiot newbee questions.

Ian, one problem I have found is when I make a call and nobody answers and I
hang up the phone keeps ringing for ages at the other end and sometimes I'm
been charged for call that go to voice mail even though I hung up before the
voice mail cut in. I have tried a couple of test calls to my land line and
when I hang up my voip.co.uk line the land line keeps ringing for up to 15
seconds. Have you had any problems like this?

I think that this may be how you setup your ata. I use a SPA3000, so the
pstn line goes through it as well as voip. I have noticed that incoming
pstn calls only start to ring my phone on about the fourth ring and
continue for a couple of rings after the caller has hung up.
Old September 22nd 06, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil

"Ian Pawson" wrote in message
I think that this may be how you setup your ata. I use a SPA3000, so the
pstn line goes through it as well as voip. I have noticed that incoming
pstn calls only start to ring my phone on about the fourth ring and
continue for a couple of rings after the caller has hung up

With me it's when I'm phoning out the phone at the other end doesn't stop
ringing when I hang up my voip.co.uk line. However if the phone is answered
and I hang up then the call is ended straight away. I've been through the
settings with voip.co.uk support and they all seem to be correct so maybe
they just don't like my Zoom X5V modem/router?

Old September 22nd 06, 11:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Phil wrote:
"Ian Pawson" wrote in message
Been with them for a couple of months, and very impressed with the speed
of replies to emails and their friendly content when replying to my
idiot newbee questions.

Ian, one problem I have found is when I make a call and nobody answers and I
hang up the phone keeps ringing for ages at the other end and sometimes I'm
been charged for call that go to voice mail even though I hung up before the
voice mail cut in. I have tried a couple of test calls to my land line and
when I hang up my voip.co.uk line the land line keeps ringing for up to 15
seconds. Have you had any problems like this?

I have the same problem, but the problem for me is that when I call my
voip.co.uk line and hang up it will keep ringing even after I have hung
up - bit annoying some times.. Im trying to find a setting or something
to fix it, but no luck so far.
Old September 23rd 06, 01:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

[snip]

Oh Ivor when are you going to give up your job with
Sipgate and support a REAL voip provider .

You really are getting boring now, Ron. If I'm not careful you'll be
sending me to sleep.

Ivor