Skype or not?

Old September 22nd 06, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SBS

Default Skype or not?

Skype is free, but... Read this article:

http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/002372.html

Regards.

Old September 23rd 06, 10:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 23 Sep 2006 00:51:28 +0200, "SBS"
wrote:

Skype is free, but... Read this article:

http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/002372.html

With reference to the article it could well have been Skype. It can be
responsible for more bandwidth eating than for just the call you are
on.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Skype Free Zone!!
Old September 23rd 06, 10:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Carl Waring

wrote:

Skype is free, but... Read this article:

http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/002372.html

With reference to the article it could well have been Skype. It can be
responsible for more bandwidth eating than for just the call you are
on.

"It would certainly be puzzling, because if Skype was so poorly architected
as to network-misbehave like this then you would think that all sorts of
people would be reporting the same problem."

They certainly would. Where are they all? I guess it's not Skype after all
:-)

--
Carl Waring
DigiGuide: http://getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=1495

Old September 23rd 06, 03:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SBS

Rich ) ha scritto:

:: Whats the big deal. Skype has always worked like this!
::
:: If you have plenty of bandwidth then its used to help other
:: people out.

Who grant me that my bandwidth (I have paid) has not been
used by skype to make possible any charged calls?

Old September 23rd 06, 04:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
JW

SBS wrote:
Rich ) ha scritto:

:: Whats the big deal. Skype has always worked like this!
::
:: If you have plenty of bandwidth then its used to help other
:: people out.

Who grant me that my bandwidth (I have paid) has not been
used by skype to make possible any charged calls?

It's quite easy for the average home user to stop their PC
becoming a supernode. It should be possible for firewalled
businesses to stop it as well.

Old September 24th 06, 03:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SBS

Carl Waring ) ha scritto:

::::: I guess it's not Skype after all :-)

::: You are wrong :-)

:: Prove it then :-D

The article: http://paul.kedrosky.com/archives/002372.html
proves it.

Old September 24th 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
SBS

JW ) ha scritto:

:: It's quite easy for the average home user to stop their PC
:: becoming a supernode.

How can I do it?