PSTN pass through

Old September 23rd 06, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Hana

Default PSTN pass through

Hi,
I've just set up my SPA3K which is now working OK apart from one thing.

When someone calls my BT landline, the phone rings twice and then
starts beeping so no one can get through.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Hana

Old September 24th 06, 08:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Hana" wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,
I've just set up my SPA3K which is now working OK apart from one thing.

When someone calls my BT landline, the phone rings twice and then
starts beeping so no one can get through.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
Hana

I think you'll find your problems may lie in the section of the PSTN tab
entitled "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup"

I believe your SPA is answering the line and expecting to hear the PIN you
have set up in the above section.

Try setting authentication under "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup" to none and
retest.

Old September 24th 06, 09:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Hana

Hi Jono,

I think you'll find your problems may lie in the section of the PSTN tab
entitled "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup"

I believe your SPA is answering the line and expecting to hear the PIN you
have set up in the above section.

Try setting authentication under "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup" to none and
retest.

Thanks for your help,I tried that and it doesn't help.
Could it be anything to do with PSTN Caller Default DP?( set at 1)

The landline rings twice then beeps on the landline handset, the phone
calling it just gets a dead dial tone. Very frustrating.

Thanks,
Hana

Old September 24th 06, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Hana used his keyboard to write :
Hi Jono,

I think you'll find your problems may lie in the section of the PSTN tab
entitled "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup"

I believe your SPA is answering the line and expecting to hear the PIN you
have set up in the above section.

Try setting authentication under "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup" to none and
retest.

Thanks for your help,I tried that and it doesn't help.
Could it be anything to do with PSTN Caller Default DP?( set at 1)

The landline rings twice then beeps on the landline handset, the phone
calling it just gets a dead dial tone. Very frustrating.

Thanks,
Hana

I presume if the power is turned off to the spa, everything (WRT the
PSTN) works as expected?

Old September 24th 06, 10:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Hana explained on 24/09/2006 :
Hi Jono,

I think you'll find your problems may lie in the section of the PSTN tab
entitled "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup"

I believe your SPA is answering the line and expecting to hear the PIN you
have set up in the above section.

Try setting authentication under "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup" to none and
retest.

Thanks for your help,I tried that and it doesn't help.

Have you tried diabling the PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway?

Could it be anything to do with PSTN Caller Default DP?( set at 1)

It shouldn't, no - DP 1 is (xx.) on your config.

The landline rings twice then beeps on the landline handset, the phone
calling it just gets a dead dial tone.

I'm not clear who's ringing who....?

Very frustrating.

Not 'alf.

You've made some changes since you posted your config @
http://www.miraage.com/VOIP/advanced.htm

Have you got a "new" copy we can look at?

Old September 24th 06, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

It happens that Hana formulated :
Hi Jono,

I think you'll find your problems may lie in the section of the PSTN tab
entitled "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup"

I believe your SPA is answering the line and expecting to hear the PIN you
have set up in the above section.

Try setting authentication under "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup" to none and
retest.

Thanks for your help,I tried that and it doesn't help.
Could it be anything to do with PSTN Caller Default DP?( set at 1)

The landline rings twice then beeps on the landline handset, the phone
calling it just gets a dead dial tone. Very frustrating.

On my PSTN page, I have:

International Control
FXO Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF

You have it set to 600........

Old September 24th 06, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Hana formulated the question :
Hi Jono,

I think you'll find your problems may lie in the section of the PSTN tab
entitled "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup"

I believe your SPA is answering the line and expecting to hear the PIN you
have set up in the above section.

Try setting authentication under "PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway Setup" to none and
retest.

Thanks for your help,I tried that and it doesn't help.
Could it be anything to do with PSTN Caller Default DP?( set at 1)

The landline rings twice then beeps on the landline handset, the phone
calling it just gets a dead dial tone. Very frustrating.

Thanks,
Hana

Under FXO Timer Values, change the PSTN answer delay to something much
longer than the 5 seconds you have set.

Old September 25th 06, 12:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Hana

Hi Jono,

I presume if the power is turned off to the spa, everything (WRT the
PSTN) works as expected?

Everything is OK when the power to the SPA is off.

Have you tried diabling the PSTN-To-VoIP Gateway?

Haven't done this

I'm not clear who's ringing who....?

It's anyone who tries to call my landline, from another landline or
from my mobile.

You've made some changes since you posted your config @
http://www.miraage.com/VOIP/advanced.htm

Have you got a "new" copy we can look at?

I've posted an up to date copy.

On my PSTN page, I have:

International Control
FXO Port Impedance: 370+620||310nF

You have it set to 600........

I've tried all these things and it seems to be OK now, I'll try it
again tomorrow and let you know if it really works.

Also, I have a geographical number for my voiptalk account. Does this
need to be set up for the SPA3K? I've tried calling that number and
nothing happens so I must have to set it up somewhere.

Thanks again,
Hana

Old September 25th 06, 07:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Hana" wrote in message
ups.com...

Also, I have a geographical number for my voiptalk account. Does this
need to be set up for the SPA3K? I've tried calling that number and
nothing happens so I must have to set it up somewhere.

OMG, I thought we'd got the VoIP bit working already!....!*!.!

I'll have a look at your config.......come on every one!

Is it still @ http://www.miraage.com/VOIP/advanced.htm

Old September 25th 06, 07:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Hana" wrote in message
ups.com...
You've made some changes since you posted your config @
http://www.miraage.com/VOIP/advanced.htm

Have you got a "new" copy we can look at?

I've posted an up to date copy.

How did you "save" the pages?

Whwnever I try to save mine, I have a huge area of blank picture at the top
of the page......as did your previous copy.