FreeSWITCH

Old September 25th 06, 05:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Other Guy

Default FreeSWITCH

Hi,

I'm relatively new to VoIP, having only set up Asterisk once in the
past. I would have kept it, only I needed the box for other purposes.

Due to a need to handle multiple SIP connections, I need to set
something up again. FreeSWITCH caught my attention, primarily due to the
portable design of the core (I can test on my Windows box, and move it
to FreeBSD later), but I am unable to find any half decent documentation
on it.

Does anyone know of any online documentation that might serve as a
starting point to get FreeSWITCH up and running?

Thanks,

The Other Guy
Old September 25th 06, 08:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-09-25, The Other Guy wrote:

Hi,

I'm relatively new to VoIP, having only set up Asterisk once in the
past. I would have kept it, only I needed the box for other purposes.

Due to a need to handle multiple SIP connections, I need to set
something up again. FreeSWITCH caught my attention, primarily due to the
portable design of the core (I can test on my Windows box, and move it
to FreeBSD later), but I am unable to find any half decent documentation
on it.

Does anyone know of any online documentation that might serve as a
starting point to get FreeSWITCH up and running?

Apart from what is on www.freeswitch.org and www.voip-info.org nothing
more substantial appears to be available. It's a newish project so more
documentation should appear over time.

Brian.
Old September 26th 06, 04:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Other Guy

Brian wrote:
Apart from what is on www.freeswitch.org and www.voip-info.org nothing
more substantial appears to be available. It's a newish project so more
documentation should appear over time.

That will have to do as a starting point, I'll see how I go from there.
Hopefully it will be completely obvious, and more documentation will be
coming soon.

Thanks.

The Other Guy
Old September 26th 06, 11:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
alexd

The Other Guy wrote:

Hi,

I'm relatively new to VoIP, having only set up Asterisk once in the
past. I would have kept it, only I needed the box for other purposes.

Have you considered running Asterisk inside VMWare on Windows?

--
http://ale.cx/ (AIM:troffasky) )
11:21:04 up 30 days, 19:26, 2 users, load average: 0.10, 0.22, 0.12

Old September 26th 06, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
The Other Guy

alexd wrote:
Have you considered running Asterisk inside VMWare on Windows?

That is what I will probably end up doing. I downloaded and installed
Trixbox 1.2 last night under VMWare. I was reminded why I hate Linux so
much... painfully slow startup and shutdown process.

Asterisk works okay under FreeBSD, but the ports often lag behind the
Linux version, so I'll look at switching to FreeSWITCH or something else
long term.

The Other Guy
Old September 26th 06, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 06:32:20 +1200, The Other Guy
wrote:

alexd wrote:
Have you considered running Asterisk inside VMWare on Windows?

That is what I will probably end up doing. I downloaded and installed
Trixbox 1.2 last night under VMWare. I was reminded why I hate Linux so
much... painfully slow startup and shutdown process.

Asterisk works okay under FreeBSD, but the ports often lag behind the
Linux version, so I'll look at switching to FreeSWITCH or something else
long term.

The Other Guy

If you've not already seen it you might also consider easypabx. You
can use the on-line one or there is a download too which works in
conjunction with it.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Skype Free Zone!!