Advice for forwarding phone

Old September 25th 06, 10:21 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gary Ridgway

Default Advice for forwarding phone

I have a small business where my advertised land line phone number is
for the office at home.
I have a workshop 2 miles away with no phone. Both places have PC's with
a broadband connection.
Is there a way to connect the workshop to the land line phone in the
office with VoIP?

Thanks in advance.
--
Gary Ridgway
Old September 25th 06, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

Gary Ridgway wrote:
I have a small business where my advertised land line phone number is
for the office at home.
I have a workshop 2 miles away with no phone. Both places have PC's with
a broadband connection.
Is there a way to connect the workshop to the land line phone in the
office with VoIP?

http://www.sipura.com/products/spa3000.htm
http://www.provu.co.uk/sipura_spa3000.html

this unit is often shown acting in the way you need - integrating a
PSTN line into a VoIP extension or allowing you to call out onto the
PSTN from a remote VoIP phone.

Phil

Old September 26th 06, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
voip_ross

The sipura looks an easy way to do this, another would be the use of an
asterisk server but a bit more complicated to setup but would also
provide a solution.

I don't know if you can transfer calls when using the sipura. At least
you could use voicemail and transfer calls between locations with
asterisk even if you were using the PSTN line.

Ross

Ross Beer
www.voicehost.co.uk