A Broadband and ADSL forum. BroadbanterBanter

Welcome to BroadbanterBanter.

You are currently viewing as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and other FREE features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today.

Go Back   Home » BroadbanterBanter forum » Newsgroup Discussions » uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) (uk.telecom.voip) Discussion of topics relevant to packet based voice technologies including Voice over IP (VoIP), Fax over IP (FoIP), Voice over Frame Relay (VoFR), Voice over Broadband (VoB) and Voice on the Net (VoN) as well as service providers, hardware and software for use with these technologies. Advertising is not allowed.

Sipdiscount/Freecall



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old September 27th 06, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ron Wellsted
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default Sipdiscount/Freecall

I notice that Sipdiscount have ended all free calls (except for the test 1
minute calls, UK landlines are now 2ct/min. I suppose we all knew that
this would end at some time.

Freecall have now switched to the Betamax model of requiring 10
euros deposit before making calls. A new angle is that at the end of the
90 day period, you keep the credit and the cost of the calls made just
gets deducted from your credit.



--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk
N 52.567623, W 2.137621 Linux Counter No. 202120
FWD:519961

  #2  
Old September 28th 06, 12:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 308
Default Sipdiscount/Freecall

On 2006-09-27, Ron Wellsted wrote:
I notice that Sipdiscount have ended all free calls (except for the test 1
minute calls, UK landlines are now 2ct/min. I suppose we all knew that
this would end at some time.


I have been to the website a number of times today and did not notice
this. Checked again a few minutes ago and the free calls list is still
there.

Brian.
  #3  
Old September 28th 06, 10:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ron Wellsted
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 14
Default Sipdiscount/Freecall

On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 23:08:42 +0000, Brian wrote:

I have been to the website a number of times today and did not notice
this. Checked again a few minutes ago and the free calls list is still
there.

Brian.


Weird!

It appears that between the 22nd and the 26th there have been no free
calls to UK geographic numbers:
2006-09-22 10:14:58 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:28 0.0200
2006-09-22 10:15:54 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:26 0.0200
2006-09-22 10:16:48 +441902XXXXXX 00:02:14 0.0600
2006-09-22 13:10:06 +441902XXXXXX 00:01:19 0.0400
2006-09-22 13:12:12 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:41 0.0200
2006-09-22 15:40:03 +441902XXXXXX 00:02:16 0.0600
2006-09-23 11:23:22 +441454XXXXXX 00:00:24 0.0200
2006-09-23 19:36:00 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:49 0.0200
2006-09-25 09:27:08 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:08 0.0200
2006-09-25 10:39:09 +441902XXXXXX 00:18:27 0.3800
2006-09-25 11:03:45 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:40 0.0200
2006-09-25 12:26:14 +441902XXXXXX 00:06:40 0.1400
2006-09-25 19:33:33 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:10 0.0200
2006-09-26 11:36:13 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:38 0.0200

Just hope they stay that way now.

--
Ron Wellsted
http://www.wellsted.org.uk
N 52.567623, W 2.137621 Linux Counter No. 202120
FWD:519961

  #4  
Old September 28th 06, 11:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 308
Default Sipdiscount/Freecall

On 2006-09-28, Ron Wellsted wrote:

Weird!

It appears that between the 22nd and the 26th there have been no free
calls to UK geographic numbers:
2006-09-22 10:14:58 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:28 0.0200
2006-09-22 10:15:54 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:26 0.0200
2006-09-22 10:16:48 +441902XXXXXX 00:02:14 0.0600
2006-09-22 13:10:06 +441902XXXXXX 00:01:19 0.0400
2006-09-22 13:12:12 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:41 0.0200
2006-09-22 15:40:03 +441902XXXXXX 00:02:16 0.0600
2006-09-23 11:23:22 +441454XXXXXX 00:00:24 0.0200
2006-09-23 19:36:00 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:49 0.0200
2006-09-25 09:27:08 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:08 0.0200
2006-09-25 10:39:09 +441902XXXXXX 00:18:27 0.3800
2006-09-25 11:03:45 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:40 0.0200
2006-09-25 12:26:14 +441902XXXXXX 00:06:40 0.1400
2006-09-25 19:33:33 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:10 0.0200
2006-09-26 11:36:13 +441902XXXXXX 00:00:38 0.0200


Checking, I have something similar for the 23rd and 24th. A credit
reducing exercise perhaps? Or a malfunction in the billing software?

Just hope they stay that way now.


You don't really mean that, do you?

Brian.
  #5  
Old September 29th 06, 11:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
mleening
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 1
Default Sipdiscount/Freecall

It appears that between the 22nd and the 26th there have been no free
calls to UK geographic numbers:


I've noticed this to, all Dutch numbers where charged 2 eurct./min. I
also checked the Sipdiscount.com website. All the free destinations
where gone, now they are listed again.
(a trick to earn more money...) still it is very cheap!

 




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
FreeCall 5 hour giveaway paul123 uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 9 August 23rd 06 03:17 PM
Freecall bob garbutt uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 26 June 20th 06 06:29 PM
Sipdiscount PhilÅ uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 4 December 28th 05 12:52 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright ©2004-2019 BroadbanterBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.