Old January 7th 12, 11:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Roger Mills

Default What's involved in installing cable?

On 07/01/2012 22:26, Deux wrote:
I've ordered cable from Virgin Media. To the best of my knowledge the
previous occupants had cable so the cabling should all be there so
hopefully there won't be any digging up the garden.

I have no idea where it enters my house though, will it connect through
the same place as my BT phone line or somewhere else?

Will Virgin give me a free cable router as part of the installation?
Does the engineer do any sort of set up on my computer?

I've absolutely no idea - but nor would I have placed an order before
getting answers to these questions!
--
Cheers,
Roger