Landline to landline via web

Old September 28th 06, 06:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Willie

Default Landline to landline via web

I recently read about a website where I enter my landline phone number and
the landline number I want to call. Then my landline phone rings. When I
answer, the 2nd landline phone starts to ring. When they answer the call is
free via the web.

Does anyone know what this website is please?

TIA

Old September 28th 06, 07:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-09-28, Willie wrote:

I recently read about a website where I enter my landline phone number and
the landline number I want to call. Then my landline phone rings. When I
answer, the 2nd landline phone starts to ring. When they answer the call is
free via the web.

Does anyone know what this website is please?

Maybe it is

http://www.webcalldirect.com

Brian.
Old September 28th 06, 07:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Willie" wrote in message
I recently read about a website where I enter my landline phone number and
the landline number I want to call. Then my landline phone rings. When I
answer, the 2nd landline phone starts to ring. When they answer the call

is
free via the web.

Does anyone know what this website is please?

TIA

Many exist these days. I'd guess the one you heard
of was Jahjah?
http://www.jajah.com/

Old September 28th 06, 07:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian:
On 2006-09-28, Willie wrote:

I recently read about a website where I enter my landline phone
number and the landline number I want to call. Then my landline
phone rings. When I answer, the 2nd landline phone starts to ring.
When they answer the call is free via the web.

Does anyone know what this website is please?

Maybe it is

http://www.webcalldirect.com

Brian.

Or also, once you have an account, VoIPStunt, VoIPCheap, SipDiscount or
all the other VoIP services from this group.

Unlike Webcalldirect with the above you do initially have to download
some software to create the account, but once you have you can use the
website or the software to enter the two numbers, using VoIPStunt etc
this way you have the choice use your PC / VoIP adaptor to make your
half of the call, or use your landline.

As with Webcalldirect they call is 0p / 0c per minute but there is a 3p
or 5c connection when using landline to landline unlike no connection
using VoIP to landline.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old September 28th 06, 08:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Willie

"Nick" wrote in message

"Willie" wrote in message
I recently read about a website where I enter my landline phone number
and
the landline number I want to call. Then my landline phone rings. When I
answer, the 2nd landline phone starts to ring. When they answer the call

is
free via the web.

Does anyone know what this website is please?

TIA

Many exist these days. I'd guess the one you heard
of was Jahjah?
http://www.jajah.com/

Jajah was the one thanks. Thanks for other replies too.

Old September 28th 06, 10:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-09-28, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Thus spaketh Brian:
Maybe it is

http://www.webcalldirect.com

Brian.

Or also, once you have an account, VoIPStunt, VoIPCheap, SipDiscount or
all the other VoIP services from this group.

There is also voxalot, with the added capability of having different
providers for the two legs of the call.

Unlike Webcalldirect with the above you do initially have to download
some software to create the account, but once you have you can use the
website or the software to enter the two numbers, using VoIPStunt etc
this way you have the choice use your PC / VoIP adaptor to make your
half of the call, or use your landline.

It is interesting that SipDiscount do offer registration via a web form.
It would benefit users of non-Windows operating systems if they did it
for all their products, although blind or visually impaired people would
still have problems with the CAPTCHA.

As with Webcalldirect they call is 0p / 0c per minute but there is a 3p
or 5c connection when using landline to landline unlike no connection
using VoIP to landline.

I've yet to find a serious use for it. Having to be in front of the
computer to feed in the phone numbers is limiting but the possibility of
using scripting to access the facility is an intriguing idea.

Brian.
Old September 28th 06, 10:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian:
On 2006-09-28, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
wrote:

[...]

I haven't used the call back service other than to test it, I have no
landline and use VoIP, so there is no point, it's easier for me to pick
up my phone that's conntected by way of an ATA.

Old September 28th 06, 11:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-09-28, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Thus spaketh Brian:
I've yet to find a serious use for it. Having to be in front of the
computer to feed in the phone numbers is limiting but the possibility
of using scripting to access the facility is an intriguing idea.

Brian.

I haven't used the call back service other than to test it, I have no
landline and use VoIP, so there is no point, it's easier for me to pick
up my phone that's conntected by way of an ATA.

It is when travelling without an ATA that it may come in useful. Given a
computer and a phone line (VoIP or PSTN) you could access your account.

Brian.
Old October 3rd 06, 01:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
andy

On 2006-09-28, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Thus spaketh Brian:
I've yet to find a serious use for it. Having to be in front of the
computer to feed in the phone numbers is limiting but the possibility
of using scripting to access the facility is an intriguing idea.

Brian.

I haven't used the call back service other than to test it, I have no
landline and use VoIP, so there is no point, it's easier for me to pick
up my phone that's conntected by way of an ATA.

It is when travelling without an ATA that it may come in useful. Given a
computer and a phone line (VoIP or PSTN) you could access your account.

Brian.

Every once in a while, I send an email to one of the Finarea companies
suggesting they make a client program/method that can be used via
wap/gprs. No reply of course ...

It would mean mobile calls from 5p a minute, even when roaming, or use
it to connect two landlines together.

Voxalot and other callbacks can be used of course, but it seems to be
problematic getting both legs of the call via the same provider in some
cases with Voxalot

Old October 14th 06, 12:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Loz

Nick wrote:

Many exist these days. I'd guess the one you heard
of was Jahjah?
http://www.jajah.com/

Can you only initiate calls from a US number?