Getting MWI working on Sipgate

Old September 29th 06, 05:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
James

Default Getting MWI working on Sipgate

Hi,

I can not get MWI working on Sipgate.

I am using a Linksys (Sipura) 1001 adapter and have set it up as
explained on Sipgate's help page, but when I have a voice message, the
phone is not indicating it by either the dial tone or the message indicator.

Thanks for any help in advance.

James
Old September 29th 06, 06:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

James formulated the question :
Hi,

I can not get MWI working on Sipgate.

I am using a Linksys (Sipura) 1001 adapter and have set it up as explained on
Sipgate's help page, but when I have a voice message, the phone is not
indicating it by either the dial tone or the message indicator.

Thanks for any help in advance.

James

I wonder if this is more spa1001 related than Sipgate....?

I'm having a similar issue, yet with voip.co.uk using an spa1001

Old September 29th 06, 08:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Fri, 29 Sep 2006 18:40:37 +0100, Jono
wrote:

James formulated the question :
Hi,

I can not get MWI working on Sipgate.

I am using a Linksys (Sipura) 1001 adapter and have set it up as explained on
Sipgate's help page, but when I have a voice message, the phone is not
indicating it by either the dial tone or the message indicator.

Thanks for any help in advance.

James

I wonder if this is more spa1001 related than Sipgate....?

I'm having a similar issue, yet with voip.co.uk using an spa1001

I would guess that the settings on the 1001 are similar to some of
thise on the SPA-3000.
I think that these are the settings that affect voicemail indication.
On Voipfone a waiting message is indicated by an interrupted dial
tone. I don't have any other indicator of voice mail having been left.

User 1 Tab:
Ring Settings:-
VMWI Ring Splash Len: 0
Ring On No New VM: Yes
VMWI Ring Policy: New VM Available

Supplementary Service Settings:-
Message Waiting: No

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Skype Free Zone!!
Old September 30th 06, 01:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NicHughes

Jono wrote:

I wonder if this is more spa1001 related than Sipgate....?

I'm having a similar issue, yet with voip.co.uk using an spa1001

Conversely we are having no problem with MWI on a grandstream with
sipgate - so it might be an spa1001 configuration issue.

--
Nic

Old September 30th 06, 01:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Gordon Henderson

In article .com,
NicHughes wrote:

Jono wrote:

I wonder if this is more spa1001 related than Sipgate....?

I'm having a similar issue, yet with voip.co.uk using an spa1001

Conversely we are having no problem with MWI on a grandstream with
sipgate - so it might be an spa1001 configuration issue.

I tried MWI in Sipgate some time back and it worked just fine on the
Grandstream phones I tried it with.

Gordon

Old September 30th 06, 07:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mr Man

nobody has it on voip.co.uk i dont think!

see if it works on voipfone.co.uk maybe
Old September 30th 06, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 30/09/2006, Mr Man supposed :
nobody has it on voip.co.uk i dont think!

see if it works on voipfone.co.uk maybe

Ah, well, that may be the case.

I get the broken dial tone OK, however, It never clears, even when the
messages have been deleted.

Old October 1st 06, 10:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Sat, 30 Sep 2006 19:47:33 +0100, Jono
wrote:

on 30/09/2006, Mr Man supposed :
nobody has it on voip.co.uk i dont think!

see if it works on voipfone.co.uk maybe

Voipfone interrupted dial tone works fine and it switches off once the
message has been read.