Hosted VOIP PABX

Old October 3rd 06, 07:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
pbscott

Default Hosted VOIP PABX

Looking into Hosted VOIP PABX's, and one suggest contacts
Thanks

Peter

Old October 3rd 06, 09:25 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"pbscott" wrote in message
oups.com
Looking into Hosted VOIP PABX's, and one suggest contacts
Thanks

Peter

You could try http://www.gradwell.com/voip/

Good reputation and the MD posts here sometimes.

Ivor

Old October 3rd 06, 10:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:25:15 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"pbscott" wrote in message
roups.com
Looking into Hosted VOIP PABX's, and one suggest contacts
Thanks

Peter

You could try http://www.gradwell.com/voip/

Good reputation and the MD posts here sometimes.

Ivor

If you are wanting this for business then Ivor's suggestion is
probably a good one. If it is more for personal use you might find the
free easypabx of interest.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Skype Free Zone!!
Old October 3rd 06, 10:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

pbscott wrote:
Looking into Hosted VOIP PABX's, and one suggest contacts
Thanks

Peter

Voipfone have a hosted PBX service, looks cheap.
I haven't personally used it though.
Old October 3rd 06, 10:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Harry Stottle

"Ivor Jones" wrote in message

"pbscott" wrote in message
oups.com
Looking into Hosted VOIP PABX's, and one suggest contacts
Thanks

Peter

You could try http://www.gradwell.com/voip/

Good reputation and the MD posts here sometimes.

Gradwell still don't seem to be making it obviously clear if VAT is
included in their prices or not. If you have a look at this first link
http://www.gradwell.com/voip/ the 'single users' option seems to be
aimed at non business use, (as opposed to the next box for small
businesses), the 'single users' link then takes you to
http://www.gradwell.com/voip/trial.php where prices are quoted at 4.00
per month for the service, 1.25 pence per minute for UK calls, and 12p
per minute for mobile calls, there is no mention of VAT on this page at
all, but when you click on the 'Call Tariffs' link, it then states that
UK charges are 'Excluding VAT'.

As I understand it, if a service is offered to the general public, VAT
inclusive prices must be stated in all advertising, and if they are not,
the company cannot charge more than the advertised price. Perhaps if the
MD does monitor this group, he could address these concerns, and tell us
why they do not appear to be following this rule.

Old October 3rd 06, 11:26 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
David Floyd

In message of Tue, 3 Oct 2006, Brian A writes
On Tue, 3 Oct 2006 09:25:15 +0100, "Ivor Jones"
wrote:

"pbscott" wrote in message
groups.com
Looking into Hosted VOIP PABX's, and one suggest contacts

If it is more for personal use you might find the
free easypabx of interest.

Except that it is unreliable, often down for hours at a time with no
explanation given.

David
Old October 3rd 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

hi

As I understand it, if a service is offered to the general public, VAT
inclusive prices must be stated in all advertising, and if they are not,
the company cannot charge more than the advertised price. Perhaps if the
MD does monitor this group, he could address these concerns, and tell us
why they do not appear to be following this rule.

Well my understanding was that it is only a requirement to say which way
round your prices are at (a) the point of sale (which we do anyway) and
(b) if you are likely to be in a situation where consumers (as distinct
businesses) might try and buy a business product.

As we sell business services, predominantly to business, it is my
understanding that legally we're ok - and I can't find the relevant bit
of text on the HMRC website to check :-)

As a rule though, all our prices are quoted exclusive of VAT.

cheers
peter

Old October 3rd 06, 03:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Peter Gradwell

Ivor Jones wrote:
"pbscott" wrote in message
oups.com
Looking into Hosted VOIP PABX's, and one suggest contacts
Thanks

Peter

You could try http://www.gradwell.com/voip/

Good reputation and the MD posts here sometimes.

Yes, we have a good few thousand customers on centrex.

cheers
peter

Old October 3rd 06, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
NicHughes

Peter Gradwell wrote:
hi

Well my understanding was that it is only a requirement to say which way
round your prices are at (a) the point of sale (which we do anyway) and
(b) if you are likely to be in a situation where consumers (as distinct
businesses) might try and buy a business product.

I think the relevant part of the guideline is

"Prices may be indicated exclusive of VAT in shops where or
advertisements from which most of your business is with business
customers."

Which is badly worded but clear enough.

As we sell business services, predominantly to business, it is my
understanding that legally we're ok - and I can't find the relevant bit
of text on the HMRC website to check :-)

I think you are right. I didn't have a problem with the pricing
information.

The best guidelines I found when researching pricing were on the dti
site - with an awful URL so try http://tinyurl.com/fv3q4
Be aware, its a PDF file.

HTH

--
Nic
www.entrust-systems.net

Old October 3rd 06, 04:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Harry Stottle

"Peter Gradwell" wrote in message
hi

[...]

Perhaps the following link might help, especially this section:-

Statutory Instrument 2005 No. 2705
The Consumer Protection (Code of Practice for Traders on Price
Indications) Approval Order 2005

Value Added Tax
(i) Price indications to consumers

2.2.7 All price indications you give to private consumers, by whatever
means, should include VAT.

(ii) Price indications to business customers

2.2.8 Prices may be indicated exclusive of VAT at an outlet or through
advertisements from which most of your business is with business
customers. If you also conduct business at that outlet or through these
advertisements with consumers, however, you should make it clear that
the prices exclude VAT and you should

(a) display VAT inclusive prices with equal prominence; or

(b) display prominent statements that the quoted prices exclude VAT and
state the appropriate rate. It should be noted that VAT inclusive prices
for all goods offered by traders to consumers are required by the Price
Marking Order 2004[8] (further information can be obtained from your
local Trading Standards Service).

Taken from:-
http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si2005/20052705.htm