Belkin F5F7050 will NOT install!

Old October 3rd 06, 06:47 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking
Paul Turner

Default Belkin F5F7050 will NOT install!

Hi - I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to install the drivers
for the Belkin F5D7050!
I have local admin rights on a fresh install of XP.

I have tried all 4 versions of the driver software and followed closely
the insturctions,

however it doesn't seem to ever be properly installed, as in device
manager it still says

"not properly configured".

After the belkin software has finished installing itself, I plug in the
device when asked,

and as it says in the instructions, follow the windows "Found new
hardware wizard" and

"Install the software automatically", although it can never find the
drivers.

Am I missing something? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Paul

Old October 3rd 06, 07:51 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Toby Newman

On 2006-10-03, Paul Turner wrote:
Hi - I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to install the drivers
for the Belkin F5D7050!
I have local admin rights on a fresh install of XP.

I have tried all 4 versions of the driver software and followed closely
the insturctions,

however it doesn't seem to ever be properly installed, as in device
manager it still says

"not properly configured".

After the belkin software has finished installing itself, I plug in the
device when asked,

and as it says in the instructions, follow the windows "Found new
hardware wizard" and

"Install the software automatically", although it can never find the
drivers.

Am I missing something? Any help would be great!

I have the same one. Do you have enough power on the USB bus? It seems
to be quite power hungry because I cannot use it and my webcam at the
same time.

Try connecting it to a powered hub or disconnecting all other USB
devices to give it more power.

--
-Toby, who...
field to circumvent my email filters.
Old October 4th 06, 04:10 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking
me here

Paul Turner wrote:

Hi - I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to install the
drivers for the Belkin F5D7050!
I have local admin rights on a fresh install of XP.

I have tried all 4 versions of the driver software and followed
closely the insturctions,

however it doesn't seem to ever be properly installed, as in device
manager it still says

"not properly configured".

After the belkin software has finished installing itself, I plug in
the device when asked,

and as it says in the instructions, follow the windows "Found new
hardware wizard" and

"Install the software automatically", although it can never find the
drivers.

Am I missing something? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Paul

A quick search pulled this up.

"My suggestion is to uninstall/remove all traces of the Belkin supplied
driver and start from scratch with the latest driver from Ralink (Who
made the RT2571WF chip and supplies the drivers to Belkin). Belkin is
notorious for NOT updating drivers. Go to the Ralink website and
download their latest driver for the USB chipset:
»www.ralinktech.com/supp-1.htm"

You should really do a Google before dumping on this group.

Cheers

Rob

Old October 4th 06, 12:39 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking
Ken

"Paul Turner" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi - I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to install the drivers
for the Belkin F5D7050!
I have local admin rights on a fresh install of XP.

I have tried all 4 versions of the driver software and followed closely
the insturctions,

however it doesn't seem to ever be properly installed, as in device
manager it still says

"not properly configured".

After the belkin software has finished installing itself, I plug in the
device when asked,

and as it says in the instructions, follow the windows "Found new
hardware wizard" and

"Install the software automatically", although it can never find the
drivers.

Am I missing something? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Paul

Call Belkin Tech Support as I have found them really helpful.

Ken

Old October 4th 06, 03:05 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking
Quilljar

You should really do a Google before dumping on this group.

Cheers

Rob

Hey, no-one is dumping on this group Rob. Surely this is just what it is
for?

--
Quilljar

Never trust anybody who is too sophisticated to own a rubber chicken.

Old October 4th 06, 10:01 PM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking
Quaoar

Paul Turner wrote:
Hi - I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to install the drivers
for the Belkin F5D7050!
I have local admin rights on a fresh install of XP.

I have tried all 4 versions of the driver software and followed closely
the insturctions,

however it doesn't seem to ever be properly installed, as in device
manager it still says

"not properly configured".

After the belkin software has finished installing itself, I plug in the
device when asked,

and as it says in the instructions, follow the windows "Found new
hardware wizard" and

"Install the software automatically", although it can never find the
drivers.

Am I missing something? Any help would be great!

Thanks

Paul

Belkin driver installations can often be confusing if the Belkin
"installer" simply copies the installation files to a folder on the C:\
drive, C:\F5D7050, for example. Installing automatically will fail to
find the driver package; you need to select to install from a specified
location and then navigate to C:\F5D7050 so the wizard can select the
correct .inf file.

I do not know this to be the case with your product, but you might check
for the referenced folder.

Old October 5th 06, 01:15 AM posted to alt.internet.wireless,uk.comp.home-networking
Clint Sharp

In message .com, Paul
Turner writes
Hi - I cannot for the life of me seem to be able to install the drivers
for the Belkin F5D7050!
and as it says in the instructions, follow the windows "Found new
hardware wizard" and

"Install the software automatically", although it can never find the
drivers.

Am I missing something? Any help would be great!

Two of my highly trained and experienced (hah) colleagues also had the
same problems when I lent them my F5D7050. Uninstall the device and all
the software. Reboot. Plug the gadget in and wait for Windows to ask for
the drivers, choose to search for the software automatically and then
clear all but 'Include this location' and browse to the folder on the
install CD called (surprisingly) drivers, select the XP driver folder
(can't remember the exact name), Windows will find and install the
driver. From this point on, Windows will manage the connection and
you'll not have the bloody awful Belkin manager software. As someone
else mentioned, you could get the drivers from Ralink but I've had no
problems with the supplied ones.

Thanks

Paul

--