Voipdiscount Outgoing Calls with Sipgate Incoming Calls on a Linksys PAP2

Old October 6th 06, 09:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Giganews

Default Voipdiscount Outgoing Calls with Sipgate Incoming Calls on a Linksys PAP2

I've just hooked up a Linsys PAP2T to my router and have configured it
to dial out and receive calls using Voipdiscount.

I can't help thinking that Voipdiscount will drop the free calls to UK
landlines
at some point and so ideally what I'd like to do, is to have a 'known'
incoming
Voip provider such as Sipgate or Draytel and use the Voipdiscount for
outgoing calls only.

has anyone managed to configure their Linksys PAP2 to do just that using
a single telephone plugged in?

Any tips appreciated

many thanks in advance

Old October 6th 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

Giganews wrote:
I've just hooked up a Linsys PAP2T to my router and have configured it
to dial out and receive calls using Voipdiscount.

I can't help thinking that Voipdiscount will drop the free calls to UK
landlines
at some point and so ideally what I'd like to do, is to have a 'known'
incoming
Voip provider such as Sipgate or Draytel and use the Voipdiscount for
outgoing calls only.

has anyone managed to configure their Linksys PAP2 to do just that using
a single telephone plugged in?

Any tips appreciated

many thanks in advance

Yes, just sign up to Voxalot.com (free) and register as many providers
as you like (including Voipdiscount) with them. You then configure your
PAP2 to use Voxalot instead of Voipdiscount as your provider.

Within Voxalot create a dialplan to use Voipdiscount for your preferred
destinations (01xxx, 02xxx 00xxx for instance).

The result is that outgoing calls are as seamless as you have at
present AND incoming calls to any of your registered numbers will ring
the telephone connected to your PAP2.

Works a treat.

Oldie

Old October 7th 06, 09:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Giganews

Hi Oldie,
Do you have an an example of a UK dialplan, the thought of putting one
together from scratch seems a bit daunting.

Cheers
"Oldie" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old October 7th 06, 01:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Giganews

I've now set up Voxalot with -

020 numbers outbound via Voipdiscount which works
07 numbers via Draytel which does not register and does not work

I've now got no incoming calls to my PAP2.

Any ideas guys?

"Giganews" wrote in message
Hi Oldie,
Do you have an an example of a UK dialplan, the thought of putting one
together from scratch seems a bit daunting.

Cheers
"Oldie" wrote in message
oups.com...

Old October 7th 06, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Giganews explained on 07/10/2006 :
I've now set up Voxalot with -

020 numbers outbound via Voipdiscount which works
07 numbers via Draytel which does not register and does not work

I've now got no incoming calls to my PAP2.

Any ideas guys?

I would use www.voipcheap.com for 07 numbers.

Are you now saying Sipgate won't work on inbound calls?

Old October 7th 06, 03:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip

I gave up on Sipgate and went for Draytel.

So through Voxalot, I can get outbound but not inbound on Voipdiscount and
neuther
outbound or inbound on Draytel.

Any help appreciated.

. ..

Old October 7th 06, 03:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-10-07, Mike Ball wrote:

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 14:22:16 +0100, Jono wrote:

Are you now saying Sipgate won't work on inbound calls?

Aren't Sipgate blocking un-authenticated (i.e. non peering partner)
incoming calls, though I don't know if this applies to incoming calls from
voxalot?

You are basically correct about Sipgate's policy but if there is a
registration request from VoXaLot which is accepted then there is
authentication.

Brian.
Old October 7th 06, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

Giganews wrote:
Hi Oldie,
Do you have an an example of a UK dialplan, the thought of putting one
together from scratch seems a bit daunting.

You do it on a line-by-line basis. For example, my line 1 reads

1 _01. ${EXTEN} Voipdiscount Yes

Which means: If the number starts with 01, route it through
Voipdiscount. The "Yes" meams that it's active. Then I do the same for
_02, _00 etc.

Oldie

Old October 7th 06, 10:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

Giganews wrote:
I've now set up Voxalot with -

020 numbers outbound via Voipdiscount which works
07 numbers via Draytel which does not register and does not work

I've now got no incoming calls to my PAP2.

Any ideas guys?

When you set up a Provider, remember to set Sip Register to "Yes" so
that it will handle incoming calls. Otherwise it will be outgoing only
(and some providers don't need to be registered to let you make
outgoing calls).

It can take up to 24 hours to register a provider. I have no experience
with Draytel, but most others handle incoming calls OK. If you have a
problem with a provider not handling inbound calls to Voxalot, a
workaround that I have found is to have the provider divert to a SIP
provider that does. An example mighrt be Free World Dialup. Divert to
*393yourid in that case.

Oldie

Old October 7th 06, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Oldie

Jono wrote:

(snipped)

Are you now saying Sipgate won't work on inbound calls?

Sipgate works fine on inbound calls to Voxalot for me.

Oldie