USB ethernet print server

Old October 9th 06, 09:19 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Simon Finnigan

Default USB ethernet print server

Hi all,
i`ve got a friend who wants to put 2 USB printers onto his house network
(one of them is a multifunction device, but I don`t think he needs to be
able to scan with it). I`ve had a look but can`t find anything that would
elt him do this in a single box for sensible money. Anyone got any
suggestions?

Thanks!

Old October 9th 06, 10:24 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
PeeGee

Simon Finnigan wrote:
Hi all,
i`ve got a friend who wants to put 2 USB printers onto his house network
(one of them is a multifunction device, but I don`t think he needs to be
able to scan with it). I`ve had a look but can`t find anything that would
elt him do this in a single box for sensible money. Anyone got any
suggestions?

Thanks!

I'm not sure there is such a beast, unfortunately. Also, make sure that
you/your friend checks the manufacturers web site for compatibility as
many printers will not work (properly) with such units.

PeeGee
--
The reply address is a spam trap.
If you need to reply directly, put the UK where it should be - first.
Old October 10th 06, 12:50 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
linker3000

Simon Finnigan wrote:
Hi all,
i`ve got a friend who wants to put 2 USB printers onto his house network
(one of them is a multifunction device, but I don`t think he needs to be
able to scan with it). I`ve had a look but can`t find anything that would
elt him do this in a single box for sensible money. Anyone got any
suggestions?

Thanks!

Netgear WGPS606 - it's actually a wireless bridge designed to join your
wifi network and provide 4 local UTP LAN ports but it also has 2 USB
printer ports. As per other post/s - check that your printer will
actually work.

For what it's worth I have one at home supporting a Brother HL2030 -
it's a GDI printer and is not supposed to work but it's been fine. I
have a second in the office running an Epson Stylus C62.

55 from eBuyer:

http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/89143