Voxalot

Old October 11th 06, 09:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Voxalot

What a pain Voxalot is.

I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a softphone
or ATA to register with their service, so now all my incoming numbers go
to their service and hits a silent voicemail, and I don't receive any
calls.

Don't know how long it's going to take for them to release control over
my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate just so
people can contact me!

Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.

I'd advise others to stay well clear.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old October 11th 06, 09:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated the question :
What a pain Voxalot is.

I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have grabbed
control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a softphone or ATA to
register with their service, so now all my incoming numbers go to their
service and hits a silent voicemail, and I don't receive any calls.

Don't know how long it's going to take for them to release control over my
numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate just so people can
contact me!

Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.

I'd advise others to stay well clear.

Why can't you register your ATA with Voxalot?

I found I couldn't register my ATA as I'd turned DNS off. Not an issue
for everything else as I use asterisk

Old October 11th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jono:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated the question :
What a pain Voxalot is.

I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a
softphone or ATA to register with their service, so now all my
incoming numbers go to their service and hits a silent voicemail,
and I don't receive any calls. Don't know how long it's going to take
for them to release control
over my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate
just so people can contact me!

Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.

I'd advise others to stay well clear.

Why can't you register your ATA with Voxalot?

I found I couldn't register my ATA as I'd turned DNS off. Not an issue
for everything else as I use asterisk

It just refuses to register.

Old October 11th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Thus spaketh Jono:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} formulated the question :
What a pain Voxalot is.

I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a
softphone or ATA to register with their service, so now all my
incoming numbers go to their service and hits a silent voicemail,
and I don't receive any calls. Don't know how long it's going to
take for them to release control
over my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate
just so people can contact me!

Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.

I'd advise others to stay well clear.

Why can't you register your ATA with Voxalot?

I found I couldn't register my ATA as I'd turned DNS off. Not an
issue for everything else as I use asterisk

It just refuses to register.

Is there a way to prevent Voxalot voicemail kicking in, I hate
voicemail, I don't want it, but it's there.

Old October 11th 06, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Thus spaketh Jono:
[...]

OK, I've changed the DNS on my ATA, and now it logs on and I can receive
calls, but Voxalot voicemail kicks in at 30 seconds and I don't want
voicemail at all.

Old October 11th 06, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-10-11, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Is there a way to prevent Voxalot voicemail kicking in, I hate
voicemail, I don't want it, but it's there.

Not yet. It is something they have in mind to implement.

Brian.
Old October 11th 06, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-10-11, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

What a pain Voxalot is.

I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a softphone
or ATA to register with their service, so now all my incoming numbers go
to their service and hits a silent voicemail, and I don't receive any
calls.

Don't know how long it's going to take for them to release control over
my numbers, I'm having to register a new number with Sipgate just so
people can contact me!

Very annoyed with the useless Voxalot service.

I'd advise others to stay well clear.

Your comment on staying well clear is a little harsh. Non-registration
of your ATA with them does not appear to have been their fault and the
up to 24 hour wait to register/deregister providers is openly discussed
in the support forum.

Brian.
Old October 12th 06, 12:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Brian:
On 2006-10-11, {{{{{Welcome}}}}}
wrote:

[...]

Yeah, maybe I was a little harsh, maybe once they can reduce the delay
in registrations and allow voicemail to be removed it will be an
excellent service.

Though there do seem to be several people where the ata or softphone
refuses to register with their service and looking through the forum I
couldn't see mentioned a reason or how to sort it out.

It did finally register after Jono mentioned the DNS issue, but I can't
use the service due to the voicemail kicking in.

Support however was excellent and my sip accounts are off their system.

Once voicemail and speed of the sip account registrations are sorted I
may look again.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old October 12th 06, 01:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian

On 2006-10-11, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:

Thus spaketh Brian:
Your comment on staying well clear is a little harsh. Non-registration
of your ATA with them does not appear to have been their fault and the
up to 24 hour wait to register/deregister providers is openly
discussed
in the support forum.

Brian.

Yeah, maybe I was a little harsh, maybe once they can reduce the delay
in registrations and allow voicemail to be removed it will be an
excellent service.

They were due to have their asterisk server change to submitting
registration requests every 5 minutes I think, but further testing has
delayed putting it into operation.

Though there do seem to be several people where the ata or softphone
refuses to register with their service and looking through the forum I
couldn't see mentioned a reason or how to sort it out.

Often there is little detail given so a solution is not immediately
obvious. Incidently, the status page can show a provider as not
registered but in fact it is. That happened to me with SipDiscount.

It did finally register after Jono mentioned the DNS issue, but I can't
use the service due to the voicemail kicking in.

Support however was excellent and my sip accounts are off their system.

Once voicemail and speed of the sip account registrations are sorted I
may look again.

Improving account registration time is a priority but it may be some
time before the voicemail system is altered.

Brian.
Old October 12th 06, 10:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Brian A

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006 20:45:29 GMT, "{{{{{Welcome}}}}}"
wrote:

What a pain Voxalot is.

I added all my accounts to their add providers, and now they have
grabbed control of my incoming calls, yet I can't get either a softphone
or ATA to register with their service, so now all my incoming numbers go
to their service and hits a silent voicemail, and I don't receive any
calls.

I might be misunderstanding something here but I don't quite get how
Voxalot has 'grabbed control' of your incoming calls. You are aware,
I assume, that when you set up a provider you have the option for it
to register or not with Voxalot. If you set to register it will act
like an ATA and keep registered with the VSP. If you set it not to
register you can just use it as you wish, ad hoc, for outgoing calls.
Perhaps you should check this setting.
Further, you can set up Voxalot to divert incoming calls to any SIP
address of your choice. Given these options, aside from the
possiblity of registering your ATA with Voxalot, it is difficult for
me to see why you are getting this problem.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Skype Free Zone!!