Anyone noticed how ****e ADSL has become in UK?

Old October 12th 06, 05:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
nick

Default Anyone noticed how ****e ADSL has become in UK?

Is it just uk or international? Shareholders are ****ing us over. Throttling, caps, ellacoya, blah blah.
I wanna migrate from plusnet but it seems the others are worse. Only option is back to NThell ;/

Old October 12th 06, 06:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

nick wrote:
Is it just uk or international? Shareholders are ****ing us over. Throttling, caps, ellacoya, blah blah.
I wanna migrate from plusnet but it seems the others are worse. Only option is back to NThell ;/

Zen is fine.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old October 12th 06, 06:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tx2 wrote:
"Old Codger" wrote in message

nick wrote:
Is it just uk or international? Shareholders are ****ing us over.
Throttling, caps, ellacoya, blah blah.
I wanna migrate from plusnet but it seems the others are worse. Only
option is back to NThell ;/

Zen is fine.

As is Nildram.

Thats if they let you leave v21 won't let anyone leave them!!! wtf
this is insane.

Old October 12th 06, 06:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gordon

"Tx2" wrote in message

"Old Codger" wrote in message

nick wrote:
Is it just uk or international? Shareholders are ****ing us over.
Throttling, caps, ellacoya, blah blah.
I wanna migrate from plusnet but it seems the others are worse. Only
option is back to NThell ;/

Zen is fine.

As is Nildram.

And Eclipse......I expect it's the "non-business" ADSL providers such as
Tiscali, NTL et al that are starting to suddenly realise that they can't
provide decent services for next to nothing......

Old October 12th 06, 08:10 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

In message , Tx2
writes

"Old Codger" wrote in message

nick wrote:
Is it just uk or international? Shareholders are ****ing us over.
Throttling, caps, ellacoya, blah blah.
I wanna migrate from plusnet but it seems the others are worse. Only
option is back to NThell ;/

Zen is fine.

As is Nildram.

UkOnline here, NewNet & A&A elsewhere are fine.

--
dave @ stejonda
Old October 12th 06, 11:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Soruk

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 17:14:53 +0100, Tx2 wrote:

"Old Codger" wrote in message

nick wrote:
Is it just uk or international? Shareholders are ****ing us over.
Throttling, caps, ellacoya, blah blah.
I wanna migrate from plusnet but it seems the others are worse. Only
option is back to NThell ;/

Zen is fine.

As is Nildram.

No problems here with Demon.

--
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
Eridani Star System

Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email
Old October 12th 06, 11:34 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Heney

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:47:58 +0100, "nick" wrote:

Is it just uk or international? Shareholders are ****ing us over. Throttling, caps, ellacoya, blah blah.
I wanna migrate from plusnet but it seems the others are worse. Only option is back to NThell ;/

It isn't ADSL in general, it is the providers trying to compete at the
cheap end of the market, who have made inflated promises that they
then can't keep because too many customers don't realise that if it
seems too good to be true, then it probably is.

I am seriously considering moving away from Plusnet, their service has
gone considerably downhill over the last few months.
--
Alex Heney, Global Villager
Ultimate office automation: networked coffee.
Old October 12th 06, 11:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
dave @ stejonda

In message , Soruk
writes
No problems here with Demon.

is this a first ???

--
dave @ stejonda (ex-demon TAM user)
Old October 13th 06, 12:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Old Codger

Alex Heney wrote:

I am seriously considering moving away from Plusnet, their service has
gone considerably downhill over the last few months.

Has taken you some time to realise that Alex. :-)

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field