Feed Back Requested

Old October 12th 06, 03:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Collin

Default Feed Back Requested

Dear Group,
we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or bad with
regards our web site and our service if you are prepared to try it.
www.voicehost.co.uk

Thanks,

Phil.
--

Phil Collin
Partner Manager

Old October 12th 06, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
PhilT

we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or bad with
regards our web site and our service if you are prepared to try it.

"VoiceHost offer free 0870 telephone numbers, so you can have multiple
numbers on your account. Maybe one for friends and family and another
for business." - no geographic numbers then ?

The menu on the left of the home page only goes to a single item -
worldwide calls - whereas on subsequent pages you can click an
individual link.

Free Worldwide Calls

Free Worldwide Calls
Free Call Waiting
Free Caller ID
Free Call Hold
Free Music On Hold
Free Voicemail
Free Voicemail Alerts
Free 1471 Last Caller
Free Caller ID Rewriting
Free 0870 Numbers
Editable Caller ID
Call Divert
Call Transfer
Wi-fi Calls
Multiple lines
virtual pbx
Call Records

Phil

Old October 12th 06, 04:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Phil Collin:
Dear Group,
we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or bad with
regards our web site and our service if you are prepared to try it.
www.voicehost.co.uk

Thanks,

Phil.

Is it possible to not have voicemail switched on, so the phone will
continue to ring until answered or the caller hangs up, it is most
annoying having forced voicemail on no answer / unavailable.

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old October 12th 06, 04:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Phil Collin" wrote in
message

Dear Group,
we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or
bad with regards our web site and our service if you are
prepared to try it. www.voicehost.co.uk

Thanks,

Phil.

The website looks reasonable at first glance, but I can see no mention of
pricing for PSTN calls, or even that they are supported. If you aren't
offering PSTN connect you won't get many customers..! Where is the list of
providers you peer with..? I use Sipgate, Gradwell and FWD, are they
supported..?

Also are you only offering 0870 numbers free as if so you won't get many
taking you up on that, nor will they call an 0870 number for support,
these numbers are not appreciated by most people here.

Ivor

Old October 12th 06, 04:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Collin

Thanks Phil,
we will fix the front page links and add the geographic numbers section too.

Phil

Old October 12th 06, 04:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Collin

Yes, it is possible to set this option, we will enable it in our control
panel as an option in the next day or so.
Any other thoughts let us know.

Phil.

Old October 12th 06, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Phil Collin

Ivor Jones wrote:
[...]

At the bottom of the front page is a central panel which displays
different information every few seconds in a revolving cycle. Part of
that information is our PSTN pricing. We will add a PSTN pricing page as
a separate item.

We will add the list of providers we peer with, for your info though the
ones you already use are supported plus many more.

Currently we are not offering geographic numbers for free, this is
something we have planned for the future.

Calls from our customers, using their VoiceHost account, to our support
numbers are FREE.
We will be adding an 0845 support number to rectify the problem you
pointed out.
Any other thoughts please let us know.

Phil

--

Phil Collin
Partner Manager

Old October 12th 06, 05:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
Thus spaketh Phil Collin:
Dear Group,
we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or bad with
regards our web site and our service if you are prepared to try it.
www.voicehost.co.uk

Thanks,

Phil.

Is it possible to not have voicemail switched on, so the phone will
continue to ring until answered or the caller hangs up, it is most
annoying having forced voicemail on no answer / unavailable.

You can disable the voicemail with voip.co.uk aswell, in case you didnt
know.
Old October 12th 06, 05:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Phil Collin wrote :
Dear Group,
we launched our VOIP service around a month ago.
We would appreciate feedback from this community, good or bad with regards
our web site and our service if you are prepared to try it.
www.voicehost.co.uk

Thanks,

Phil.

Some errors in this paragraph on the support page:

There are a few options for telephone numbers, by default you will be
assigned a national number, which is not *regon* *persific*. However if
you require a local geographic number this is also possible

Old October 12th 06, 07:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
GwG

wrote in message
On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 16:42:43 +0100, Phil Collin
wrote:

Calls from our customers, using their VoiceHost account, to our
support
numbers are FREE.

Have you read this Ivor not only do they supply a number to contact
support they allow customers to contact them for free , yet another
VOIP provider that isn't scared of being contacted by its customers .

Don't they all start off like this? They promise the earth, and the moon
and stars, then when the customers pile in, enticed by those promises,
they find they cannot cope, and then blame their unexpected success on
their downfall.