Ring Back

Old October 12th 06, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Default Ring Back

When people call my number and on a the odd occasion they get a busy
tone, BT ask if they want to use Ring Back, is there anything I can do
on my ATA or Sipgate settings to prevent people using Ring back on my
numbers or do I have to ask Sipgate if they can prevent it on my number?

Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old October 12th 06, 09:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
When people call my number and on a the odd occasion they get a busy
tone, BT ask if they want to use Ring Back, is there anything I can do
on my ATA or Sipgate settings to prevent people using Ring back on my
numbers or do I have to ask Sipgate if they can prevent it on my number?

I dont know what ATA you've got, but on my PAP there is a setting "Call
Back Serv" (Under Line1/2), which I believe might be what you are
looking for.. Certainly "Call Waiting Serv" allowed me to disable the
call waiting feature.
Old October 12th 06, 10:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Scope:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
When people call my number and on a the odd occasion they get a busy
tone, BT ask if they want to use Ring Back, is there anything I can
do on my ATA or Sipgate settings to prevent people using Ring back
on my numbers or do I have to ask Sipgate if they can prevent it on
my number?

I dont know what ATA you've got, but on my PAP there is a setting
"Call Back Serv" (Under Line1/2), which I believe might be what you
are looking for.. Certainly "Call Waiting Serv" allowed me to disable
the call waiting feature.

Yes, I have a PAP2, I'll try that setting, though was wondering if that
was to prevent me using ring back when I call a number and not prevent
others using ring back on my number.

--
Items for sale: www.dodgy-dealer.co.uk

Old October 12th 06, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh {{{{{Welcome}}}}}:
Thus spaketh Scope:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
When people call my number and on a the odd occasion they get a busy
tone, BT ask if they want to use Ring Back, is there anything I can
do on my ATA or Sipgate settings to prevent people using Ring back
on my numbers or do I have to ask Sipgate if they can prevent it on
my number?

I dont know what ATA you've got, but on my PAP there is a setting
"Call Back Serv" (Under Line1/2), which I believe might be what you
are looking for.. Certainly "Call Waiting Serv" allowed me to disable
the call waiting feature.

Yes, I have a PAP2, I'll try that setting, though was wondering if
that was to prevent me using ring back when I call a number and not
prevent others using ring back on my number.

Just to add, I'm happy with the call waiting service.

Old October 12th 06, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

on 12/10/2006, {{{{{Welcome}}}}} supposed :
Thus spaketh Scope:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
When people call my number and on a the odd occasion they get a busy
tone, BT ask if they want to use Ring Back, is there anything I can
do on my ATA or Sipgate settings to prevent people using Ring back
on my numbers or do I have to ask Sipgate if they can prevent it on
my number?

I dont know what ATA you've got, but on my PAP there is a setting
"Call Back Serv" (Under Line1/2), which I believe might be what you
are looking for.. Certainly "Call Waiting Serv" allowed me to disable
the call waiting feature.

Yes, I have a PAP2, I'll try that setting, though was wondering if that was
to prevent me using ring back when I call a number and not prevent others
using ring back on my number.

Erm, which VSP do you use that offers Ringback, for calls you make?

Old October 12th 06, 10:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
{{{{{Welcome}}}}}

Thus spaketh Jono:
{{{{{Welcome}}}}} wrote:
When people call my number and on a the odd occasion they get a
busy tone, BT ask if they want to use Ring Back, is there anything
I can do on my ATA or Sipgate settings to prevent people using
Ring back on my numbers or do I have to ask Sipgate if they can
prevent it on my number?

I dont know what ATA you've got, but on my PAP there is a setting
"Call Back Serv" (Under Line1/2), which I believe might be what you
are looking for.. Certainly "Call Waiting Serv" allowed me to
disable the call waiting feature.

Yes, I have a PAP2, I'll try that setting, though was wondering if
that was to prevent me using ring back when I call a number and not
prevent others using ring back on my number.

Erm, which VSP do you use that offers Ringback, for calls you make?

I don't know if Sipgate or VoIPStunt do, I don't here anything when I
hit a busy signal, and I haven't tried the * settings for what is
described as Call Back Act Code: (I don't know if that has anything to
do with it, or just enables the service if the service is available).

All I know is when I am dialling a number or about too and listening to
the dial-tone (or when I have turned call waiting off to test) and
someone rings my Sipgate numbers and get a busy tone, they also get the
"The number is busy, for ring back press......" type of message. I know
on a BT line I was able to get BT to disable people having the option of
ring back if they called my BT number and it was busy, I'm just
wondering if it's possible to disable people from using ring back when
calling my Sipgate number.