sipgate.de

Old October 14th 06, 12:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Default sipgate.de

Can anyone suggest a step-by-step guide for obtaining a normal German
geographic number from Sipgate.de?

Ta.

Old October 14th 06, 01:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

Can anyone suggest a step-by-step guide for obtaining a
normal German geographic number from Sipgate.de?

Ta.

One step and one step only. Find someone who lives there and use their
address. That's how I did it.

Ivor

Old October 14th 06, 02:22 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ivor Jones explained on 14/10/2006 :
"Jono" wrote in message

Can anyone suggest a step-by-step guide for obtaining a
normal German geographic number from Sipgate.de?

Ta.

One step and one step only. Find someone who lives there and use their
address. That's how I did it.

Ivor

Ah, well, that may not be too difficult, however, do they check my IP
address?

Old October 14th 06, 04:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

Can anyone suggest a step-by-step guide for obtaining
a normal German geographic number from Sipgate.de?

Ta.

One step and one step only. Find someone who lives
there and use their address. That's how I did it.

Ah, well, that may not be too difficult, however, do they
check my IP address?

I don't think so, no. Let me know how you get on.

Ivor

Old October 14th 06, 06:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

After serious thinking Ivor Jones wrote :

Ah, well, that may not be too difficult, however, do they
check my IP address?

I don't think so, no. Let me know how you get on.

Well, that was straight forward. All up & running......I wonder if I
edit my address, whether that will cause any issues

Old October 14th 06, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

Well, that was straight forward. All up & running......I
wonder if I edit my address, whether that will cause any
issues

It might, I wouldn't recommend it..! Leave it as it is, there's no real
need to change it, the only reason they'd ever need your postal address is
if you ordered something from the online shop.

BTW email me off group if you want to do a test or two, g6urp01 at
googlemail dot com.

Ivor

Old October 14th 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ivor Jones wrote on 14/10/2006 :
"Jono" wrote in message

Well, that was straight forward. All up & running......I
wonder if I edit my address, whether that will cause any
issues

It might, I wouldn't recommend it..! Leave it as it is, there's no real need
to change it, the only reason they'd ever need your postal address is if you
ordered something from the online shop.

BTW email me off group if you want to do a test or two, g6urp01 at googlemail
dot com.

Yes, it does cause issues - you have to change your number! I hastily
backed out of the address change pages, so original number is intact.

What's the method to employ to dial SIP=SIP - UK account to/from
German account?

Old October 14th 06, 07:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

[snip]

Yes, it does cause issues - you have to change your
number! I hastily backed out of the address change pages,
so original number is intact.
What's the method to employ to dial SIP=SIP - UK
account to/from German account?

You have to dial the full PSTN number in international format, SIP ID
alone won't work as the two systems are on different domains.

So for my UK speaking clock dial 00442070431320. Calls are still free, as
both are still recognised as Sipgate numbers.

Ivor

Old October 14th 06, 07:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Ivor Jones was thinking very hard :
"Jono" wrote in message

[snip]

Yes, it does cause issues - you have to change your
number! I hastily backed out of the address change pages,
so original number is intact.
What's the method to employ to dial SIP=SIP - UK
account to/from German account?

You have to dial the full PSTN number in international format, SIP ID alone
won't work as the two systems are on different domains.

So for my UK speaking clock dial 00442070431320. Calls are still free, as
both are still recognised as Sipgate numbers.

"Sorry you're hearing this message, there must be a fault with the
system." I presume that's your speaking clock, not sipgate..?

Old October 14th 06, 08:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Jono" wrote in message

[snip]

"Sorry you're hearing this message, there must be a fault
with the system." I presume that's your speaking clock,
not sipgate..?

Yes, that's my fallback voicemail message. I just tried from my sipgate.de
account and it worked fine, so maybe it was just a glitch, give it another
go, if no joy email me at the address I gave you and we can talk. Or if
you get the voicemail message again leave a message with your number and
I'll try calling you.

Ivor

Is Sipgate down? Peter X uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 2 March 27th 06 12:09 PM
Sipgate TR uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 14 March 26th 06 08:03 PM
Sipgate - Again {{{{{Welcome}}}}} uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 21 July 5th 05 12:26 PM
Sipgate yet again Bacillus Cereus uk.telecom.voip (UK VOIP) 14 May 20th 05 06:24 PM