network card + magnet = doom?

Old October 14th 06, 02:25 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
alan

Default network card + magnet = doom?

I had a network card delivered, and found my daughter's strong magnet
sticking to the outside of the jiffy bag. Will the card be knackered? I know
strong magnets and electronics don't mix very happily...is there software on
the card that'll now be scrambled?

Any advice appreciated.

Old October 14th 06, 03:41 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Dr Zoidberg

alan wrote:
I had a network card delivered, and found my daughter's strong magnet
sticking to the outside of the jiffy bag. Will the card be knackered?
I know strong magnets and electronics don't mix very happily...is
there software on the card that'll now be scrambled?

Any advice appreciated.

It should be fine , and even if it isn't it won't harm your PC trying it
--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger. Then I hide until it goes away"

www.drzoidberg.co.uk www.ebayfaq.co.uk

Old October 16th 06, 01:15 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
AP

Thanks Alex - much appreciated.

Alan
PS It's actually for a HP LJ4 I want to stick on the network rather than a
pc - any installation handy household hints 'n tips/urls appreciated...