BTsoftphone

Old October 14th 06, 07:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
METWO

Default BTsoftphone

Hi All

I have downloaded BT softphone and regestered it, but cannot get it to talk
to anyone else !

I think I have worked out it is a firewall problem ! (well I hope) have read
that the port to open is 5060 which I have done, with no joy.

I have also tried to open other ports suggesteed by BT but again did not
open it up to work.

any other port suggestions?

Steve

Old October 22nd 06, 05:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
ACDeag

on 14/10/2006, METWO supposed :
Hi All

I have downloaded BT softphone and regestered it, but cannot get it to talk
to anyone else !

I think I have worked out it is a firewall problem ! (well I hope) have read
that the port to open is 5060 which I have done, with no joy.

I have also tried to open other ports suggesteed by BT but again did not open
it up to work.

any other port suggestions?

Steve

It seems expensive compared to other softphones, I would get another.
www.sipgate.co.uk or www.skype.com come to mind. They should also work
out of the box.