Porting from BT

Old October 17th 06, 07:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Robert Gauld

Default Porting from BT

Can I just check that my understanding is correct?

1) BT number (01234 567890) starts to ring VOIP phone
2) Old VOIP number released - I can't use it
3) BT assign new number (09876 543210) to my land line
4) ADSL remains intact

If it matters it's Gradwell I'm with.
Old October 17th 06, 08:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

"Robert Gauld" wrote in message
Can I just check that my understanding is correct?

1) BT number (01234 567890) starts to ring VOIP phone
2) Old VOIP number released - I can't use it
3) BT assign new number (09876 543210) to my land line
4) ADSL remains intact

If it matters it's Gradwell I'm with.

Unless you're very lucky, renumbering a line with ADSL on it will result in
the ADSL being ceased, though not necessarily at the same time as the
renumber.

Old October 25th 06, 09:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Robert Gauld

Jono wrote:
"Robert Gauld" wrote in message
Can I just check that my understanding is correct?

1) BT number (01234 567890) starts to ring VOIP phone
2) Old VOIP number released - I can't use it
3) BT assign new number (09876 543210) to my land line
4) ADSL remains intact

If it matters it's Gradwell I'm with.

Unless you're very lucky, renumbering a line with ADSL on it will result in
the ADSL being ceased, though not necessarily at the same time as the
renumber.

Thank you, it appears my best bet is to port it as I move in the not to
distant future then.