PC Backup over Broadband - Testers wanted

Old October 18th 06, 07:05 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MiFolder Backup

Default PC Backup over Broadband - Testers wanted

I am looking for computer literate people to test an Open Source
Backup Server. For the next Year, I am trialing a product called
iFolder, the server is up and running, but I need some-one to use it.

PLEASE feel free to use this FREE "No Guarantees" service.

With your help it will Mature

www.qnenet.f9.co.uk
Old October 18th 06, 07:31 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
NoNeedToKnow

On 18 Oct 2006, MiFolder Backup wrote:

PLEASE feel free to use this FREE "No Guarantees" service.

Not quite sure what you get out of it, but FWIW, there's a free backup
service (which also has a folder which is effectively available for a
user to have as a website, with address of the form user.drivehq.com
using the 1 GB of free storage) at www.drivehq.com (their free backup s/w
has options for scheduled backups to be made, and/or 'hot copy' backup of
any files in specific folder/tree) but a monthly download limit of 200 MB
(on the free account) limits use as a filestore for copyright material.

--
Get 1 GB file storage for free : http://tinyurl.com/g5sbb

Can use any FTP client, or use (provided, Windows XP) utility
to back-up specific PC directories to remote storage by using
a schedule, or to always 'keep in sync' with your PC storage!
Old October 18th 06, 08:59 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Tx2

"MiFolder Backup" wrote in message
I am looking for computer literate people to test an Open Source
Backup Server. For the next Year, I am trialing a product called
iFolder, the server is up and running, but I need some-one to use it.

PLEASE feel free to use this FREE "No Guarantees" service.

With your help it will Mature

www.qnenet.f9.co.uk

Hmmm, I doubt Plusnet (F9) will be pleased about this, unless you are a
business customer?
Besides, Plusnet (F9) userspace has been known to be painfully slow at
times.

I was up for it, until I saw F9.... :-(

Old October 19th 06, 07:18 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
MiFolder Backup

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 20:59:46 +0100, "Tx2"
wrote:

"MiFolder Backup" wrote in message
.. .
I am looking for computer literate people to test an Open Source
Backup Server. For the next Year, I am trialing a product called
iFolder, the server is up and running, but I need some-one to use it.

PLEASE feel free to use this FREE "No Guarantees" service.

With your help it will Mature

www.qnenet.f9.co.uk

Hmmm, I doubt Plusnet (F9) will be pleased about this, unless you are a
business customer?
Besides, Plusnet (F9) userspace has been known to be painfully slow at
times.

I was up for it, until I saw F9.... :-(

Plusnet is only my email provider, the server is with NTL whose
"Customer Services" says they are ok, as long as I go business rates,
should I turn it into a buisness