Stock Shortage of SPA3000

Old October 18th 06, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark

Default Stock Shortage of SPA3000

I had on order from a company in Spain PC B#x) a SPA3000, but they
left me hanging (with my money) for 3 weeks, so I got a refund
instead. I ordered from a UK internet company "broa#dbandstuff.#o.#k"
the same item, which when I ordered it, said they had stock, but 2
days later, emailed me to say "the order status has been changed to
awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a refund, to
which I got an email saying, they would do so (but as yet has not hit
my credit card account, I will keep you posted).

I am over in the UK from the 26th of Oct to the 30th, so can anybody
recommend a company who may have this item, who is reliable enough (if
I order now) to get the part delivered to the address where I am
staying, in the UK, in time for me to take it with me, back to Spain?
Thanking you in advance.
Old October 18th 06, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Mark brought next idea :

www.provu.com is a good place to start.

Old October 19th 06, 04:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Chris Blunt

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:03:03 +0100, Jono
wrote:

Mark brought next idea :
I had on order from a company in Spain PC B#x) a SPA3000, but they
left me hanging (with my money) for 3 weeks, so I got a refund
instead. I ordered from a UK internet company "broa#dbandstuff.#o.#k"
the same item, which when I ordered it, said they had stock, but 2
days later, emailed me to say "the order status has been changed to
awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a refund, to
which I got an email saying, they would do so (but as yet has not hit
my credit card account, I will keep you posted).

I am over in the UK from the 26th of Oct to the 30th, so can anybody
recommend a company who may have this item, who is reliable enough (if
I order now) to get the part delivered to the address where I am
staying, in the UK, in time for me to take it with me, back to Spain?
Thanking you in advance.

www.provu.com is a good place to start.

I'm also considering buying a SPA-3000, but I've notice it has now
been superceded with a new model, the SPA-3102.

Both models seem to be priced the same, so would there be any reason
to still buy the 3000 instead of the 3102?

Chris
Old October 19th 06, 07:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Chris Blunt expressed precisely :
wrote:

I'm also considering buying a SPA-3000, but I've notice it has now
been superceded with a new model, the SPA-3102.

Both models seem to be priced the same, so would there be any reason
to still buy the 3000 instead of the 3102?

Chris

The 3000 is slightly less complicated than the 3102 - the latter having
a router built in (not an ADSL modem)

Old October 19th 06, 05:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

wrote:

I'm also considering buying a SPA-3000, but I've notice it has now
been superceded with a new model, the SPA-3102.

Both models seem to be priced the same, so would there be any reason
to still buy the 3000 instead of the 3102?

Chris

The 3000 is slightly less complicated than the 3102 - the latter having
a router built in (not an ADSL modem)

Does it periodically crash and need power cycling and refuse every 3 or
so calls passed to it? (for outgoing)

If not they shouldn't give it a name that makes it sound like it's a new
version of the SPA 3000, it would make it clearly a completely different
beast.
Old October 19th 06, 06:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Jono

Thomas Kenyon pretended :
wrote:

I'm also considering buying a SPA-3000, but I've notice it has now
been superceded with a new model, the SPA-3102.

Both models seem to be priced the same, so would there be any reason
to still buy the 3000 instead of the 3102?

Chris

The 3000 is slightly less complicated than the 3102 - the latter having a
router built in (not an ADSL modem)

Does it periodically crash and need power cycling and refuse every 3 or so
calls passed to it? (for outgoing)

If not they shouldn't give it a name that makes it sound like it's a new
version of the SPA 3000, it would make it clearly a completely different
beast.

Hmm. I've got 2 SPA3000s, one of which needs power cycling once a
fortnight, the other, never.

Old October 20th 06, 09:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark

On Wed, 18 Oct 2006 22:37:24 +0200, Mark [email protected] wrote:

I had on order from a company in Spain PC B#x) a SPA3000, but they
left me hanging (with my money) for 3 weeks, so I got a refund
instead. I ordered from a UK internet company "broa#dbandstuff.#o.#k"
the same item, which when I ordered it, said they had stock, but 2
days later, emailed me to say "the order status has been changed to
awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a refund, to
which I got an email saying, they would do so (but as yet has not hit
my credit card account, I will keep you posted).

Credit hit my account, but 2.26€ light.

Old October 20th 06, 09:45 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark

wrote:

I'm also considering buying a SPA-3000, but I've notice it has now
been superceded with a new model, the SPA-3102.

Both models seem to be priced the same, so would there be any reason
to still buy the 3000 instead of the 3102?

Chris

The 3000 is slightly less complicated than the 3102 - the latter having
a router built in (not an ADSL modem)

I'm getting a bit confused. I already have a wired/wireless ADSL
router, so can I use the 3102 instead?

Is the 3102 as good as the 3000?

Another question, I would have liked another telephone connection to
go to my fax machine only, can I use two 3000/3102 in tandem. Each
with its own phone number from my VOIP provider, 1 connected to my
landline in, exisisting house phone system and Ethernet. With the
other just connected to the Ethernet and my fax machine?

My house is empty sometimes for months on end, with nobody to do a
power up reset, if the 3000/3102 hangs. Is there a reliability problem
with this device? (see later posts)
Old October 20th 06, 02:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark

I ordered from a UK internet company "broa#dbandstuff.#o.#k"
the same item, which when I ordered it, said they had stock, but 2
days later, emailed me to say "the order status has been changed to
awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a refund, to
which I got an email saying, they would do so (but as yet has not hit
my credit card account, I will keep you posted).

Credit hit my account, but 2.26€ light.

They are saying the reason for the shortfall is because, the exchange
rate between Euro's and Sterling changed 2% in 4 days!

I don't remember reading that anywhere?
Old October 20th 06, 04:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 15:21:39 +0200, Mark [email protected] wrote:

I ordered from a UK internet company "broa#dbandstuff.#o.#k"
the same item, which when I ordered it, said they had stock, but 2
days later, emailed me to say "the order status has been changed to
awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a refund, to
which I got an email saying, they would do so (but as yet has not hit
my credit card account, I will keep you posted).

Credit hit my account, but 2.26€ light.

They are saying the reason for the shortfall is because, the exchange
rate between Euro's and Sterling changed 2% in 4 days!

I don't remember reading that anywhere?

I replied to them, suggesting that this is not the case, and Keir
Groves of www.broadbandstuff.co.uk says thats the end of it, you sort
it out with your bank. Thanks Keir.