Free UK calls with Skype..

Old October 19th 06, 07:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Default Free UK calls with Skype..

OK, I must admit I didnt expect this.. But you will now get free UK
calls for 6 months when you purchase 10 of Skype credits. It doesnt say
if it is peak hours or not.

http://www.skype.com/campaigns/talkf...alkforbritain2

I would still go to somebody like voipdiscount with my 10 and get free
phonecalls to most of Europe, USA, Australia, etc, but thats me.
Old October 19th 06, 10:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Stu

Scope wrote:
OK, I must admit I didnt expect this.. But you will now get free UK
calls for 6 months when you purchase 10 of Skype credits. It doesnt say
if it is peak hours or not.

http://www.skype.com/campaigns/talkf...alkforbritain2

I would still go to somebody like voipdiscount with my 10 and get free
phonecalls to most of Europe, USA, Australia, etc, but thats me.

Looked like a nice idea but too many stupid restrictions like having to
pay with a UK credit card, can't call the UK for free outside the UK. So
voipdiscount (and voipcheap) is indeed better,

Stu
Old October 20th 06, 12:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Soruk

On Thu, 19 Oct 2006 23:16:16 +0200, Stu wrote:
Scope wrote:
OK, I must admit I didnt expect this.. But you will now get free UK
calls for 6 months when you purchase 10 of Skype credits. It doesnt say
if it is peak hours or not.

http://www.skype.com/campaigns/talkf...alkforbritain2

I would still go to somebody like voipdiscount with my 10 and get free
phonecalls to most of Europe, USA, Australia, etc, but thats me.

Looked like a nice idea but too many stupid restrictions like having to
pay with a UK credit card, [snip]

Quote from the site:

How do I pay for Skype Credit to get free calls?
You can purchase Skype Credit through the website (using PayPal or a
UK-issued credit/debit card with a UK billing address) or Skype
e-voucher purchased at Sainsbury's.

You don't need to use a UK credit card if you have PayPal or you can pick
up a voucher from Sainsbury's.

The call forwarding feature isn't covered by this offer, though.

--
-- Michael "Soruk" McConnell
Eridani Star System

Mail Me Anywhere - http://www.MailMeAnywhere.com/ - Mobile email