broadbandstuff.co.uk short changed me

Old October 20th 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark

Default broadbandstuff.co.uk short changed me

I ordered from a UK internet company www.broadbandstuff.co.uk a
SPA3000, which when I ordered it, the web site said they had stock,
but 2 days later, they emailed me to say "the order status has been
changed to awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a
refund. When the refund hit my account it was 2.26 short, and they
wont do anything about it.

Nice people to do business with!
Old October 20th 06, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Simon Finnigan

Mark wrote:
I ordered from a UK internet company www.broadbandstuff.co.uk a
SPA3000, which when I ordered it, the web site said they had stock,
but 2 days later, they emailed me to say "the order status has been
changed to awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a
refund. When the refund hit my account it was 2.26? short, and they
wont do anything about it.

Nice people to do business with!

If you ordered on a credit card then contact the company and insist on a
full refund. Don`t let them fob you off, accept nothing less than a full
refund from your credit card company, as it is effectively a fraudulent
transaction.

Old October 20th 06, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Nick

"Mark" [email protected] wrote in message
I ordered from a UK internet company www.broadbandstuff.co.uk a
SPA3000, which when I ordered it, the web site said they had stock,
but 2 days later, they emailed me to say "the order status has been
changed to awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a
refund. When the refund hit my account it was 2.26? short, and they
wont do anything about it.

Nice people to do business with!

We heard you the first time.

Old October 20th 06, 07:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Scope

Mark wrote:
I ordered from a UK internet company www.broadbandstuff.co.uk a
SPA3000, which when I ordered it, the web site said they had stock,
but 2 days later, they emailed me to say "the order status has been
changed to awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a
refund. When the refund hit my account it was 2.26 short, and they
wont do anything about it.

Nice people to do business with!

Im not sure I agree with you.. If you purchased the product with a Euro
Creditcard then, if the rate has changed, the returned amount might have
changed aswell... I bet as far as broadbandstuff goes they refunded the
full amount, only in Pounds. Would you have complained if the rate had
gone the other way? :-) Some times we win, some times we loose.
Old October 21st 06, 07:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 17:39:35 GMT, "Nick"
wrote:

"Mark" [email protected] wrote in message
.. .
I ordered from a UK internet company www.broadbandstuff.co.uk a
SPA3000, which when I ordered it, the web site said they had stock,
but 2 days later, they emailed me to say "the order status has been
changed to awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a
refund. When the refund hit my account it was 2.26? short, and they
wont do anything about it.

Nice people to do business with!

We heard you the first time.

Just wanted to make sure everybody got the message with the corrected
subject heading.
Old October 23rd 06, 09:20 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Mark

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 20:53:50 GMT, . wrote:

On Fri, 20 Oct 2006 19:44:04 +0100, Scope wrote:

Mark wrote:
I ordered from a UK internet company
www.broadbandstuff.co.uk a
SPA3000, which when I ordered it, the web site said they had stock,
but 2 days later, they emailed me to say "the order status has been
changed to awaiting delivery" ********. I immediatley asked for a
refund. When the refund hit my account it was 2.26 short, and they
wont do anything about it.

Nice people to do business with!

Im not sure I agree with you.. If you purchased the product with a Euro
Creditcard then, if the rate has changed, the returned amount might have
changed aswell... I bet as far as broadbandstuff goes they refunded the
full amount, only in Pounds. Would you have complained if the rate had
gone the other way? :-) Some times we win, some times we loose.

I can confirm that rate as changed I bought 100 euro back in July and
was charged 80.00 bought the same amount on Tuesday and they cost me
70.00 .

I'm talking about 4 days, not 4 months.
Old October 23rd 06, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Herman

Mark wrote:
[...]

Remember that bureaux de change in the UK buy and sell at different rates
(=hidden commission). Sounds like it could be a similar principle here?
There is certainly commission included in the exchange rate when buying
stuff using a different currency on a UK card, so I assume it *could* be the
same issue. If this is the case you should see the same GBP amount quoted
on your statement for both transactions (together with the exchange rate
used).

Old October 24th 06, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

[snip]

We are talking a maximum of about 10 p difference here it
is the principal that matters though ,

wrote in message

God it all comes down to money with you Ivor quality just
does not seem to matter.

Hmm, do the words pot, kettle and black have any meaning for you..?!

Ivor