Linksys WRT54GS question

Old October 20th 06, 08:21 PM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Len Cuff

Default Linksys WRT54GS question

I bought this router to replace a failed Netgear router which died
during a firmware upgrade. This one is fine most of the time and then
for no apparent reason I can no longer get to the Internet. Just get
almost instant 'page cannot be displayed' messages. The only way round
it is to reset the router. Once it's booted back up, it works fine
again? Anyone else suffered from this problem and found the fix? I've
checked for firware upgrades but there seems to be a difference in the
version my router says it's got and what linksys say is the latest?
They list 5 different version of this router from V1 through V5. Mine
says V5.1 on the label so am I safe in assuming the the firmware for
V5 would be right? Also Linksys only list WRT54GS but mine says it is
a WRT54GSUK?

Any ideas please?

TIA

cheers,
Len
Old October 21st 06, 12:30 AM posted to uk.comp.home-networking
Frazer Jolly Goodfellow

Len Cuff wrote in
:

[...]

Suggest you send your query he