Just how **good** are Gradwell?

Old October 23rd 06, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
talk44.com

Default Just how **good** are Gradwell?

I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
and Sipgate appear to be utter ****, alot of the time, both in uptime and
connectivity quality.

Thanks

Old October 23rd 06, 01:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Tim

talk44.com wrote:
I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
and Sipgate appear to be utter ****, alot of the time, both in uptime and
connectivity quality.

All of our outbound calls go through Gradwell. Soonish, all our inbound
calls will also go through gradwell.

This is for a busy office with 6 people working. We are happy.

But remember, your voip connection is only as good as your network
connection is.

Tim
Old October 23rd 06, 02:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Tim wrote:
talk44.com wrote:
I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
and Sipgate appear to be utter ****, alot of the time, both in uptime and
connectivity quality.

All of our outbound calls go through Gradwell. Soonish, all our inbound
calls will also go through gradwell.

This is for a busy office with 6 people working. We are happy.

But remember, your voip connection is only as good as your network
connection is.

I've got a site (small office and factory , 4-5 people in office and 4-5
people in factory), 12 handsets all outbound with gradwell majority of
inbound with gradwell (0800 inbound with voiptalk, 2 BT lines and a
Bulldog line).

I've used Gradwell as an incoming Fax service? (didn't go very well, but
I'm sure if I persued it they'd have found out what the trouble was).

I've used them for an incoming Spanish number (sound quality was
excellent, no dropped calls).

I've had out main incoming number stop working three times soon after
porting it over to them (twice was not their fault and once was a DB
crash that they had). After calling them the line was back working
within the hour (within 5 minutes on one occasion).

For outgoing and incoming I use trunked IAX2 and mostly G.729a (G.711u
for fax).

The biggest problem I've had lately is with my ADSL provider, dropping
off the service 4-5 times a day (hopefully now fixed, but worth checking
the quality of your connection first).

At home I use them for outgoing mobile calls and incoming on what was
our second BT line (not a single dropped call). Other calls at home go
through voip.co.uk.
Old October 23rd 06, 02:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

talk44.com wrote:
I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct experience of both VoIPtalk
and Sipgate appear to be utter ****, alot of the time, both in uptime and
connectivity quality.

Sipgate seem to be fine for light use, but probably wouldn't put them in
an office.

What problems were you having with voiptalk? (other than their
unfriendly and inflexible website).
Old October 23rd 06, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"talk44.com" wrote in message

I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
utter ****, alot of the time, both in uptime and
connectivity quality.

Thanks

Not had any outages here on Sipgate for some months now. Gradwell are
excellent, well recommended, although watch that the prices on their
website are ex-VAT.

Ivor

Old October 23rd 06, 03:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

wrote in message

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 14:28:13 +0100, Cue Ivor @
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:29:02 +0100, talk44.com wrote:

I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
utter ****, alot of the time, both in uptime and
connectivity quality.

Ivor will be round in a jiffy putting you right about
Sipgate.

And of course giving the usual bull **** about how he
never has any problems with them I honestly don't think
Ivor would know good service if he fell over it .

Yawn.

And I *haven't* had any problems recently, I'm not going to lie and say I
have just to keep you happy, Ron.

Ivor

Old October 23rd 06, 03:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

"Cue Ivor" "=?x-user-defined?Q? @ ?=" wrote in
message
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 13:29:02 +0100, talk44.com wrote:

I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
utter ****, alot of the time, both in uptime and
connectivity quality.

Ivor will be round in a jiffy putting you right about
Sipgate.

I'm not going to lie and say I've had bad/no service when I haven't, just
to keep idiots like Ron Chew happy.

BTW what's wrong with posting using your real name, are you trying to hide
something..?

Ivor

Old October 23rd 06, 03:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Ivor Jones

news
wrote:

I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
utter ****,

What a good description of them both seems I am not the
only one that recognizes **** when he sees it .

Looked in a mirror lately..?

Ivor

Old October 23rd 06, 04:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.voip
Thomas Kenyon

Ivor Jones wrote:
"talk44.com" wrote in message

I'm considering them for BUSINESS use, as direct
experience of both VoIPtalk and Sipgate appear to be
utter ****, alot of the time, both in uptime and
connectivity quality.

Thanks

Not had any outages here on Sipgate for some months now. Gradwell are
excellent, well recommended, although watch that the prices on their
website are ex-VAT.

Ivor

Also, gradwell are the only voip company I can think of that don't offer
free calls if you are calling from one customer to another.

(Que army of people with more providers).